IDFC Bank from IDFC, valuation and future earnings.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Fun_Da_Mentalist, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

Sachin, politeness is non negotiable. Karb, you have not put a time frame on it.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  2. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

play it safe sticking to Nifty which already has already given ~ 15% long term return or simply put the money is some mutual fund.... And stop your pursuit of multi baggers and naming your identified stocks as being multibaggers - for your investment objective seems standard wealth creation from stock markets

3. Sachin pathak

Sorry not my approach when faced with recurring stupidity. I have zero tolerence for this.

4. Sachin pathak

Retail is key execution risk sure. But i think even more crucial is what the bank has to show in terms of its spread/diversification over the inherited balancesheet (predominantly infra and low yielding). Else the market will very quickly punish the stock.

5. bholu

bholu Active Member

the banking space is one of the most competitive now...IDFC is neither cheap nor does it enjoy any competitive advantage over other players, so yes the niche it creates in the future is the key...if I were to buy a bank now I would buy PSBs

6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Star banker, 15 % CAGR is conservative guidence from bank and it is expected to do better.So it may be 900 in 10 -12 years .But if U r just talking about fire crackers, who stops U from buying .If Your definition of 10 baggers is only 3 years,Who can stop Mungeri Lal.?

7. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% AGREED. SIRS PL BEHAVE WITH DECORUM AND RESPECT TO ONE AND ALL. Our small site will stop getting traffic if this does not happen. In Valuepickr they are VERY STRICT about this. That is why it is popular.

HUMBLE REQUEST. Pl see https://forum.valuepickr.com/t/faq-guidelines/5

This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion
    Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

These are not hard and fast rules, merely aids to the human judgment of our community. Use these guidelines to keep this a clean, well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
    You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember tocriticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

• Name-calling.
    • Personal/Character attacks.
    • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
    • Knee-jerk contradiction.
    Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

Always Be Civil
    Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:

• Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
    • Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
    • Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
    • Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
    These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even theappearanceof any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the Times of India.

This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.

8. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

I would also like to make the same humble request. Both members, @kharb and @Sachin pathak are highly learned and knowledgeable. A difference of opinion as to a stock should not degenerate like this. I would plead with both not to escalate the matter any further.

9. Sachin pathak

The mungeri lal happens to be you. Your stupidity remains unending.... You still havent got the picture that this star banker just doesnt think that IDFC Bank is a worthwhile investment. And if you dont understand english or logic or that i dont think IDFC Bank merits an investment just let me know...i might just hire the services of another moron to explain this to you

10. Sachin pathak

11. Sachin pathak

I dont believe in the investment philosophy of ' investing hoping to hit a multibagger jackpot' . Its people like you who seekout multibaggers ( which is impossible to predict). Multibaggers dont exist for me.... Thats my definition. But like everything i have said, this also will be beyond your limited understanding

12. Sachin pathak

13. bholu

bholu Active Member

I am very impressed by Mr. Mukherjee's post. I will keep this in mind forever as I think all of us should. Anyways this is a forum where sharing of ideas is the key and neither of us know each other personally so we should have no grudge against each other. The important thing to keep in mind is that valuable ideas should put forward so that all can benefit.

14. Sachin pathak

Pretty limp... 10-15% CAGR on a lower base of 1000crs. Last year IDFC profit 1700cr. (700 cr investment to build a bank) ... So is it that the baseline profit (1700 crs) will be reached only in 4th year of operation and in the guided 10-15% band it will be towards the lower end so wont be suprised it will end up as 12%

Madhya Pradesh strategy - loan ticket size Rs 20,000/-. So target clients and their risk profile? Ans : low end and high credit risk profile. Also actual value volume and contribution to our overall balance sheet, will take time.

15. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

For sake of knowledge, I would like to add that IDFC bank has hired three star bankers of reatil banking, from HDFC bank who were heads of different retail verticals at HDFC bank at the time of leaving.They are Biju Pillai,Amit Kumar and Birender saha.They will be heading IDFC bank retail focus in all three big categories including retail branch banking.So great start with proven team.I wish them Good Luck.If some one say just for argument that this ex HDFC bank team is not hot ,I have no comment to offer .I have investment in all other top 5 private banks and two small banks DCB & Federal since long and will continue to hold them .All stock discussed here are not recommendations but only personal views for sake of discussion.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  16. Sachin pathak

Oh wow....

Here is someone saying (even if its just for argument) it .... The trio dont make the team hot!!!!!

Now stick to your word that you will have NO COMMENT TO OFFER .

Didnt realise it would be so easy to shut you up. No more comments from you. What a nice start to the day. ....

17. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

What else can be expected from U .

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  18. Sachin pathak

Cant even keep your word..... Not suprised though

:) :) :)

I just fell off my bed laughing (at you)

19. Sachin pathak

Thanfully i didnt injure myself when i fell down laughing ... But need to take care of myself.

Dont want you ending up being the reason of i hurting myself... So here i go and press the ' ignore you' button

Hopfully the administrator here keeps his/her word (unlike you) and the 'ignore' button works and kharb disappears from my landscape!!!!

20. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

Kharb - Could you please share something on DCB ? I know Motilal Oswal is gung-ho about its prospects; but I don't have data on it. Anything you can share on that would help me start a detailed study on it. Thank you.