IDFC Bank from IDFC, valuation and future earnings.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Fun_Da_Mentalist, Sep 20, 2015.

1. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

From your message I gather you are in a loss. Booking loss is far more individualized than booking profits.

Not sure if our investments styles match - for my day to day investment style is more like momentum investing so make money by buying high and selling higher. Buy low and sell high aren't the only 4 words which describe how to make money on the markets. So with little traction in IDFC bank, I would have dumped and gone in for like likes of Goa carbon, bansali engineering etc in the recent past.

If I were to wear a risk averse investing hat, if my loss isn't much in IDFC bank, I would probably exit. If it's a fair erosion, I would hold for downside isn't much at these levels. But significant upside also isn't seen. I had bought IDFC bank in low 50's but exited around 58/- levels. Pure opportunistic plays.

Alternate deployment avenues - I wouldn't recommend any basis momentum investing style. It's a risky business and I don't wish to be responsible for any fiasco like we read in other threads here.

A couple of scrips in am currently SIP'ing are Motherson, carborudum, and Itc. Infosys could also turn out to be an interesting play.

IDFC no investment appetite ever.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. Raaz

Raaz Active Member

@wild_hipman: I sincerely appreciate your frank response & thank you for the same. I am a lurker basically, and rarely post, but really enjoy reading your rejoinders, specially the ones laced with a good amount of dry humour. Please be assured, you will, in no way be responsible for any decision I take, based on your views or advice. I am not a day trader, though I religiously log on to my trading account every day, as if my life depended on it.:)

Regarding, Idfc, yes, I am in quite a bit of loss and not averse to booking it and switching, since I don't see it going anywhere, specially after the merger with Shriram called off. Hence my query. I am not a very articulate guy, so please excuse me if my post(s) sound abrupt or brief. Thanks again.

3. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

@Raaz,

Maybe it's time you unraaz yourself and get active on this forum.

I am sure your posts will be received well by some from this community.

Raaz likes this.