If you are allowed to hold only one stock in your portfolio for next three years,what will be that.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, May 2, 2017.

1. Kritesh Abhishek

Kritesh Abhishek Member

I would choose 'ITC'.

ITC has a diversified business includes five segments: Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Hotels, Paperboards & Packaging, Agri Business & Information Technology.
    • ITC Ltd sells 81 percent of the cigarettes in India. Many of the FMCG sector companies are facing competition with baba Ramdeo's Patanjali. But, I am damn sure that Patanjali will never enter the cigarette's sector as by doing so they will lose their core values. Hence, ITC will continue to have a monopoly in the market.
    Other businesses
    • Foods: Aashirvaad, Mint-o, gum-o, B natural, Sunfeast, Candyman, Bingo! and Yippee!. ITC is present across 6 categories in the Foods business namely Staples, Snack Foods, Ready-To-Eat Foods, Juices, Dairy Product and Confectionery.
    • Lifestyle apparel: ITC sells its products under the Wills Lifestyle and John Players brands.
    • Personal care products include perfumes, haircare and skincare categories. Major brands are Fiama Di Wills, Vivel, Essenza Di Wills, Superia and Engage.
    • Stationery: Brands include Classmate, PaperKraft and Colour Crew.
    • Safety Matches and Agarbattis: Ship i Kno and Aim brands of safety matches and the Mangaldeep brand of agarbattis (Incense Sticks).
    • Hotels: ITC's Hotels division (under brands including WelcomHotel) is India's second largest hotel chain with over 90 hotels throughout India.
    • Paperboard: Products such as specialty paper, graphic and other paper are sold under the ITC brand by the ITC Paperboards and Specialty Papers Division like Classmate product of ITC well known for there quality .
    • Packaging and Printing: ITC's Packaging and Printing division operates manufacturing facilities at Haridwar and Chennai and services domestic and export markets.
    • Information Technology: ITC operates through its fully owned subsidiary ITC Infotech India Limited, which is a SEI CMM Level 5 company.
    Source: Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITC_(company))

Overall, ITC is a great stock to keep in your portfolio for long term.

2. Muthu Aiyer

Muthu Aiyer New Member

I feel as on date a safe bet is Max ventures. If not for any thing but for the promoter and his previous track record. I feel safe to buy part of his business..

3. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

Motherson Sumi for me......

Thamizh likes this.
  4. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@wild_hipman . What criteria you apply for stock selection ? Will these change ,if horizon is longer? Sir,I expect detailed nuances made understandable.Thanks in advance.

5. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

I like to keep it simple.... no stock guru gyan and theories.

My investments follow my intuition, common sense understanding of business and emerging opportunity in the next 18-24months

Any story beyond 24months is just a pipe dream for me and doesn't excite me to invest.

6. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

I also try to keep it simple
    I take big picture view. I try to understand the business and it's prospects. I am also mindful of valuation. But I prefer to invest where I can hold for long long time
    And with your good wishes I have been handsomely rewarded. But I try to learn from wisdom found in the books. I enjoy it. I am independent thinker & would prefer variant perception.