Is it possible to earn on daily basis by trading in intraday futures?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Nileshs, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Nileshs

Nileshs New Member

Is it possible to earn on daily basis by trading in intraday futures?

OR Long term investment is the only key for wealth creation?

What if like we just do one trade for the day in futures and earn around 2-3k daily? Is that possible on daily basis?

Kindly let me know comparison.

Regards,

Nilesh

2. krishna9

krishna9 New Member

Hi Nilesh,
    The short answer to your question is YES.

Just a brief about me and then will provide some information I have about your question.

This is Krishna and I am a long time stock investor. I have seen my father trade stocks in my child hood and developed some interest on stock markets. I started investing in stocks from my first salary. Immediately after job I open a trading, demat and MF account.

Over the years I have seen lot of people making and losing money in stock markets.

My personal rule.. Invest in stock market what you can afford to loose. In stock there are greater chances of capital erosion, so from what all I invested in stocks from savings (in lakhs) over a period of time I made lot of money and lost equally becoz some of my bets on multi baggers didnt fly and few of them became multi beggers. Currently I am at breakeven.

My father always used to say F&Os are very risk and not for retail investors, so I never thought of F&O over the years.

In 2016 I started exploring Futures and Options, over these months I got in touch with few people who are making a living by trading F&O, Commodities. There are people who are even managing pooled funds and trading stocks. But they are all doing based on CERTAIN PRINCIPLES like Discipline, Strict stop-loss, Stick to the principles, Being non-greedy.

I also started trading F&O recently and my overall experience has been very positive, but I also lost huge amount because of WRONG decisions.

In F&O, we get trading opportunities because of volatility in the market. Even if long term trend of market is BULLISH, it will never go UP straight, there will be swings, swings are when we get to make money.

For example, if overall market trend is bullish, but when market falls for some reason like BREXIT, we should be careful in analyzing the situation and doing right investments. See how market moved from brexit to now. I strongly believe markets are bullish later part of this year. With that understanding I bought during brexit fall and I recovered my earlier losses, also made some money.

The best lesson I have learnt during the short time trading in F&O is NOT TO GO AGAINST the market trend. All the time I lost is when going against the market based on GUT FEEL. When market is in bullish trend, I thought it rose too much and must fall and SHORTED nifty, but it went 100 points against me and I lost good 5 figure amount, after couple of such loses I have learnt a hard lesson and decided to be very careful.

In the last couple of months I made decent profit trading F&O sticking to my principles. So it is POSSIBLE to make a living (a decent 40k-50k per month) trading in F&O.

The challenges I see in stock trading is there is LOT OF NOISE, lot of magazines, news papers, TV Channels, So called expert views, etc.. etc..

Unless we are clear on what we want and how to achieve, it is very easy to get distorted. Donot invest on someones recommendation, please do your Due Diligence and then only invest, whatever is the decision you OWN it and you enjoy the profit or you bear the loss.

I have a full time job and stock trading is only my part time activity, rather FUN TIME activity (ofcourse a bit costly fun:) ).

A very important point to understand while dealing with F&O... When we buy stocks the loss is limited to investment, but in F&O loss can be unlimited, there are chances to loose more than what you have invested. Please BE AWARE of this before you venture into F&O investing. Never trade in stock with money which is NOT YOURS (like taking loans, etc).

Please DONOT be COMPELLED to trade daily, you should be smart enough to KEEP QUIET when things are very chaotic.

I am a big risk taker and I have personally lost nearly to a lakh in single F&O trade, I fortunately recovered that in other trades after learning hard lessons.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Kishorekumar and Green stock like this.
  3. Vidyasagar95

Vidyasagar95 New Member

If an investor wants to trade in derivatives they should consider Position trading rather than intraday.

You missed investing in Yes Bank or Hdfc, you can still trade them in derivatives using a weekly/daily time frame and roll the futures position.

4. SAGAANI

SAGAANI Member

Yes, it is very well possible.
    Need to chose the correct stock at correct time gives you very good return.
    To get help in choosing the stock visit
    1. Facebook group sagaanitrading
    2. Telegram channel sagaani trading I'd t.me/sagaani
    3. Anisaga - money control.com

5. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

If
    If you have huge amount to trade try to do hedging with options ..... OR JUST STAY AWAY FROM FUTURES AND OPTIONS.....AGAIN....STAY AWAY

6. SAGAANI

SAGAANI Member

Hi to all, INTRADAY is not easy but you chose the correct time and the stock, you can rule the market.
    https://t.me/sagaani/928

7. gauridollar

gauridollar New Member

Hello, Intra day trading is the current fad in the stock markets. who trades exclusively on day trade basis and trades more than 50 Futures Intraday trading Making money is not a game and gambling.
    Thank you