1. vineet

vineet Active Member

Whts ur view on larsen . volume is pickng up

2. yembee

yembee Active Member

I am very negative on L&T for long term capture23.jpg

3. vineet

vineet Active Member

Sir but once the defence order will come. This co. Wuld b gettng the larger orders coz of its execution capabilities and the order sizes wuld b so large . DD sharma is vry positive on l&t

4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

L&T is barometer of Indian Economy.So naturaly it is showing muted performance.Banking sector and its NPAs also reflect the same.So Market may go no where in this situation and L&T is no exception.If L& T don't perform in next 4 years which will be reflection of poor condition of Indian Economics.,BJP will surely lose next Loksabha polls and Modi may not get new term.So L& T poor show may not bode well for future of stock market as whole.Market can not go up without L&T ,it has never happened in Indian history and nor will happen in next 5 years at least.Although I hope Indian economy may pick up in next 6 month and stock may perform in line with that.Stock is dependent on performance of Modi govt,still hope for better.

yembee and Parin Gala like this.
  5. yembee

yembee Active Member

What you say Vineet ji and Kharb ji makes a lot of sense... But the ageing Management works like a Govt company lost its killing Instinct... Diversifying in to non core unrelated areas... Shrinking margins... No owner holding to be concerned about... It is a 100% public owned company.

6. vineet

vineet Active Member

Yembee ji i guess hdfc has also 0% promotr holding. Lol

7. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

L&T has unfortunately turned into a giant conglomerate with a lot of diversification in non core businesses. In my personal view it will be a bit sluggish till the economy revives. As @khrab rightly pointed out it is the barometer of the Indian economy. There is dire need for thrust on policy and reforms front by the Govt which is taking a lot of time. Things for L&T will start improving once the economy starts to revive. It is very attractively valued at the current price but I personally think that till there is a revival in the economy the stock may test your patience. It is currently suitable only for long term passive investors. Though it is attractively priced I don't think it will move up in a hurry.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    yembee likes this.
  8. darth

darth Active Member

Attractively priced for long term passive investor - so can it be a multibagger ?

9. Parin Gala

Why not. Its a blue chip stock which has grown many times over the last many years. Over the next many years it can grow many times more. But such large caps do not become multibaggers as soon as midcaps become. They take longer time.

yembee likes this.
  10. darth

darth Active Member

I have just listed my holdings. Will appreciate your feedback ( not on some write off's like aban etc. which are obvious exits) on holding and potential churning to new emerging opportunities.

Could you list your midcap multibaggers? 10x or 100x in 10 years or so

11. yembee

yembee Active Member

But in this instant Gratification world... Some Analyst said next day 10% up seems to attract more interest ... I wonder how they come to conclusion so accurately Buy at 1300 stoploss 1258.5 Target 1392 ?

12. Parin Gala

I personally like four companies very much and I think they can create serious wealth in the next 5 years.

Pantaloon Fashion and Retail
    Sudarshan Chemicals
    SKM Egg Products Exports
    Heritage Foods

I hold all of them in my portfolio and expect multibagger gains in the next 5 years. This is just my personal opinion which may go wrong.

w4wealth likes this.