Long term growth stocks - query

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Subbu1260, May 9, 2016.

1. Subbu1260

Subbu1260 New Member

Good morning Members,

This is my first post in this group.

I request experts to share your thoughts on below stocks for long term growth (I can hold for another 5-10 years):

IL&FS Engineering
    Aksh Optifiber
    Atul auto
    Manali Petrochemicals
    Selan Exploration
    AVT Natural
    Ansal Buildwell
    Nitin Spinners
    Granules India
    PNB Gilts
    South Indian Bank
    City Union Bank

Thank you in advance

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

For long term portfolio of 5-10 years better have blue chip and midcap small cap stocks.

I am not comfy with Aksh Optfiber, Manali, AVT, PNB Gilts. What is story why you bought stock?

How much % you have in bank stocks? Bank may not be hot sector because monopoly is gone with RBI license on tap and also NPA are too much. Better shift to NBFC in housing finance because NPA is low and growth prospect is there. You can consider CAPF which is doing all-round finance.

Granules is good pick in Pharma how much stake you have of portfolio in it?

Nitin spinner is good but high debt is worry so allocation of capital in stock has to be carefully done so that overexposure is avoided.

Ansal Buildwell is not quality stock. Better go for Oberoi Realty blue chip stock or NBFC in HFC space.

3. Subbu1260

Subbu1260 New Member

Thank you for your comments.
    Aksh optifiber - related to provision of access to internet to all villages ( so long term).
    Manali - Doing considerably good at the moment and expected to do better.It is debt free and div payout is quite good (25%).
    AVT - For its special products it exports..kind of niche market. Again virtually debt free. Good ROE and Div payout.
    PNB gilts - I agree with you..I bought this because it was referred by a friend and during that time..i was not aware of Alt Z scores. Actually in this sector, expect Bajaj Holdings everyone's Z score is less than 3. So i will move out of this anytime, when I find out a better stock.

4. Subbu1260

Subbu1260 New Member

My holdings are like this :
    Auto: 7%
    Banking & Financial services: 13%
    Cement & Construction : 9%
    Chemicals : 6%
    F&B : 2%
    IT : 4%
    Manufacturing : 11%
    Miscellaneous : 11%
    O&G : 10%