Need Advise on the below stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Ramesh Kumar, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Ramesh Kumar

Ramesh Kumar New Member

I bought 4 stocks few days back. when i bought that it was in huge profit, now its totally in loss....

Stocks are .....

GPPL
    JKTYRE
    MOIL
    PTC India

Please let me know whether i have to hold this stock for few more days/months or shall i sell it.

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Hmmm ... you appear to be trading in stocks. If so, you ought to have had a strict stop loss. The state of the market in the next few days is not predictable due to the global turmoil. Maybe you can wait for a bounce and then exit. In future, you must remember to keep a strict stop loss so that you are not caught in the same situation.

Ramesh Kumar likes this.
  3. MoneyWorks4ME

MoneyWorks4ME Active Member

That is part and parcel of the game. Did you validate the valuations before buying???

4. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

@Ramesh Kumar all the stocks that you own dont seem to be a short to medium term trading buy. These seems to be in a downward trend (except maybe JKT). If you are holding it as investment, then they are good stocks but need to keep the faith on them (I myself hold MOIL) and wait for a few years to reap good gains. Otherwise, exit on rallies.

5. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Dear Ramesh Kumar ,
    GPPL ...It is in a consolidation phase ,It is crosses 200 levels bullish next resistance is 215 - 225 - 240 levels

JKTYRE ....If it crosses Rs. 130 levels it supply levels is at Rs. 160 in medium term , If stock slip below Rs. 89 it may take support at Rs. 75 levels

MOIL is a good stock but it is in a bearish phase .... in my view it may take some time to get strength .....
    it is in a continuous selling pressure so take some time for it ...but it is a very good company
    after crossing 235 levels it may be went to Rs. 290 levels

PTC INDIA ....It is a good company , in short term it may feel resistance at Rs. 70 - 75 levels
    strong support levels at Rs. 50 and then next sup at Rs. 40

6. jarmoney

jarmoney New Member

Get out of all those stocks!