Please Improve "Members Rating "Process

Discussion in 'Announcements And Feedback' started by RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA, Jan 1, 2016.

1. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

A very valid point - it calls for discussion & focus on what factors constitute Quality in discussions.

2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Ultimately it is neither popularity nor depth,but ultimate real beneift people derive from your posts will matter .

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  3. shakti khanduri

Well said ! Can't be expressed better . I am sure @ Mr Fun_Da_Mentalist means quality of INPUTS by using the word - depth . .

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yes I understand,but these all should convert into long term benifit.Just in few months or one or two years unidirectional market may misguide the real depth .All that can be known in big swings both up and down by tasting all seasons over five ten years.Only sharp down turns decides who are swimming naked .Safety saves but has underpermonce cost also in short term ,but keep oneself away from being wipe out.

5. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

yes , Final Decision is in the hands of Admin . Meenakshi Razdan , we will happy with Admin Decision what ever it may be ....

6. darth

darth Active Member

Wow.... Now apart from believing in their own expertise ( when virtually little exists in here), members are asking that they be given the Right of not only judging others but also announcing their unwarranted judgement!!!!!!!!

7. darth

darth Active Member

Looks like you have a long wait ahead : for a reply to your queries

8. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

I already express my views in my previous posts ...but decision will take Admin and staff which ever good to our forum .....

9. shakti khanduri

My humble submission is --Let us forget our egos and let us ignore this topic any more, as it(this discussion ) is taking ugly turn, believing that very survival of stock market depends on difference of opnion ; hence investors are prone to have different views on every issue.

Fun_Da_Mentalist likes this.
  10. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thank you for the suggestion. It is heartening to note that there is so much thought, and so many opinions, expressed by the members on how to improve the forum.

Unfortunately, there is a technical hitch to implementing the suggestion. I am told that there are no ready-made packages or plugins available which can be inserted into the forum software. The features will have to be custom-coded by a software developer, which is not feasible in the present circumstances.

11. darth

darth Active Member

Are not some features which many members are keen to have like the dislike button easy to put in place( the like button exists already and that too in a reversable mode). Further surely there isnt any shortage of software developers in India. So is it the cost spend which stops from proceeding? Who knows members here may be willing to contribute towards the costs.

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dislike button is negative thinking and may become a tool of leg pulling .If any body don't like post he can start ignoring posts of concerned person or I think there is ignore a person button aleardy exist .So in my view it is all perfect presently.

w4wealth likes this.
  13. darth

darth Active Member

@ meenakshi : revert awaited

14. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

"Dislike" button will create unnecessary negativity among members. Some members will use it as a means of insulting and leg pulling. It is useless to have such feature. I have never heard of any forum having a dislike option.