WILL INTERGLOBE AVIATION GO BELOW IPO PRICE ??SUNAMI IN AIR ??

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Jan 22, 2016.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Will Interglobe aviation go below IPO to prove that airlines are not good busines???.Will it prove that those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat?Was it a temporary magic of strong hands?Will Sunami dent faith of investers in airlines stock for ever? I don't know,as I don't know its business model ,so don't have any view . Has any body this answer.?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  2. darth

darth Active Member

3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I have fear of your answer. STRONG HANDS are sitting still on profit,and there are many good stocks in market at mouth watering valuations .But even if we just assume that they want to sell.But Big Question is to whom?????Buyers have many good options at deep corrected valuations elsewhere. Just for discussion,as I don't understand the business model of airlines.But stock has atleast two fundamentals.Big Hype and Strong Hands.But they may not work for long.?Will strong hand convert to stuck hands ? I dont know.Will some body highlight more fundamentals for my knowledge, as I don't understand airlines model.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  4. darth

darth Active Member

Beyond my limited understanding....

But I was hoping you would read this in conjunction with my simultaneously response to a bilateral question you asked in another thread on commercial airline business. I just paste it below for ease of your reference below

5. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

@darth- No I just feared from your yes answer ,because your this yes answer may have gone down through spine of many Strong Hands and they must be feeling now as Stuck Hands on week end.But I don't understand this business,so don't know ABCD of this

darth likes this.
  6. darth

darth Active Member

Oh comeon... My opinions are as worthless as the zimbabwe currency for its from one who not just has no market knowledge but also no airline industry knowledge too :)

See the personal mail in your inbox too. Its otw

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am confused now,which is now better bet on crude.Beaten down oil producers likec ONGC and Cairn India near 100 which is said to be having cash of ,97 per share.Some one need to check this as I have only heard.Another option is Interglobe aviation ,an over priced in terms price to book (price to book over 46 as per moneycontrol )but sexy ,Hyped and presently flavoured growth stock (in strong or stuck hands I don't know) .Another options can be ever green steady performer paints compnies or other plays like RIL.Realy crude and its plays have become interesting game ,even if seen from outside..I don't know as I don't understand aviation models ?just curious to know views of members,which is best option.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  8. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

A big fight between value and growth.Realty or hype????Can it sustain its flight and rise again or stuck hands can hold on if further pain ?? or finally leave the flight down to crash landing????I don't understand about airlines model but interesting to see the dog fight.Realy some good analyst can sum .

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  9. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

i would say if you meant rakeshji as strong hands, he will not sell his stake in indigo even if it comes down to 500. bcoz he can surely wait for 10 years from here and no need of capital to invest in other ideas. so there is no chance of selling by big inestors.. but small investors may sell and bring the price below to ipo levels. i think you should look nto indigo only if you have 10 years time frame otherwise it may not be good investment. dont hurry to buy , wait and see waht happens to price.

San8422 likes this.
  10. San8422

San8422 Active Member

kharb likes this.
  11. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I have heard that Tata is increasing stake in low cost airlines ,Air Asia . So now enjoy good fight in sky with low competitive fares.Some member needs to confirm the news.Airlines and Hospitality has been always business liked by Tatas to improve image of India.Air India first Indian airline before nationalisation belonged to Tata group.JRDTata was first Indian commercial piolet to fly .NOW naturaly Tata may play big role in aviation with two good airlines,Vistara and AirAsia as Tata Always Love To Be Sector Leader. Enjoy competition. But I don't know who is going to face heat???? I don't understand aviation sector.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    San8422 likes this.
  12. darth

darth Active Member

@kharb,

How about placing bets : which will go down first (as a commercial flight operator) Air Asia or Indigo?

13. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Stock is now below IPO price.

14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Will Inter Globe aviation stock price again go below IPO price to prove second time that airlines stocks are only trading bets on Crude and never long term investment idea. No recommendation but for discussion.

Pee Vee and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  15. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

IMHO aviation sector is finished because of high crude oil price and heavy competition in sectors

kharb likes this.
  16. Pee Vee

Pee Vee New Member

Amazing how a fancy story has gone sour.

kharb likes this.
  17. Pee Vee

Pee Vee New Member