Secular growth stocks with 5+ year horizon suitable for 10%+ of PF

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by jarmoney, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Ram Kumar Nagaraj

Ram Kumar Nagaraj New Member

What about SBI? Safe to accumulate.
    Any good website which shows the historical hi price of SBI stocks?

2. darth

darth Active Member

My personal view on SBI - wait for atleast the Mar qtr results. There is still some pain to come likely and you might get the scrip at lower levels. But then stock markets is a punt. Anything can happen.

With a longterm horizon - its definitely a good pick.

3. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Yesterday, while traveling in a local train, I overheard a hot debate about State Bank of India. A few persons were claiming that if SBI is not successful in recovering its dues from Vijay Mallya, SBI will go dupe. One person said that from 2017, Government will no longer support SBI. Ramu's post also indicates this.
    I don't think any such thing will happen.
    SBI is the largest bank in India. So there is no possibility of SBI going dupe. It will be seriously affected. But not go dupe. Government will not let it go dupe. Even today (CMP 180), you can buy SBI in very small quantity. Then wait for results. If it falls, you can buy more in small quantity. I think, the picture will be clear after at least two quarters. My target is 300+ in 12 to 18 months.

Ram Kumar Nagaraj likes this.
  4. Royce Ventures Pvt. Ltd

Royce Ventures Pvt. Ltd New Member

Opinion about Rico auto....

5. Ram Kumar Nagaraj

What is ur long term opinion of the jb chemicals share price? ramu

6. New_Investor

The National Green Tribunal had ordered JB Chem to shut down its Gujarat Unit. JB Chemicals appealed against the NGT Order in the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court stayed the NGT Order till 18th March 2016. The Honourable Court also ordered JB Chem to file a review petition before NGT.

7. Ram Kumar Nagaraj

So i can ignore and hold for long term? The business itself seems pretty stable to me?

8. New_Investor

I think, wait till NGT Order for review petition.

9. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I have big holding in JB Chem. Big soup situation it is for me :(

10. New_Investor

The stay has been extended to 6th April 2016.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  11. New_Investor

12. Ram Kumar Nagaraj

Can we hold or exit this stock? i have about 100 bought at 262 rs

13. New_Investor

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  14. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Good advice 100% agreed

All in all I think these are all ingredients of a good quality stock which is doing well, decent quality of management. So, if you have a one to two year kind of horizon, I think you should make serious money out of this stock from current valuations, current sort of rate. So, stay with the stock, give it a longer time horizon and you will do pretty well," he added.

15. Ram Kumar Nagaraj

Can some one tell what is the current debt of skm eggs? I am looking at screener.in and moneycontrol, but the figures seem very very differnt?
    Also, planning to buy 1000 shares @ 95? Is it ok to buy?

16. New_Investor

17. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

i'm super excited and happy for the investors/fanboys and their blogs/gurus proclaiming a regional bank as the next HDFC Bank

[​IMG]

btw forgot about it until you quoted me, still carrying it? let it go, let it go.....

with all that conviction, shouldn't be bothered by a user on an internet forum calling it laughable, rather, should give that bank your business and buy truck loads of it's stock (like that blog often posts)

once again, wishing you and the bandwagon, the best of Irish luck

you seem to have a lot on your plate - getting someone prosecuted, condemning liquor/tobacco, food adulteration, conspiracies, multibaggers, etc

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  18. darth

darth Active Member

Hey BB

I take offence that you dont specifically mention in the item list - decoding management tricks. :)

Did you go through this 100x multibagger, next HDFC Bank ( Aditya Puri is already sweating and is suddenly thankful that he would have retired before the impending reality occurs) analyst pack sent through in here..... 67 slide ppt of such razor sharp business strategy therein. If you havent seen it, suggest you do. It wont be time consuming - for reasons which will be obvious as you go through the pack.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  19. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

HDFC bank and Indusind Bank are great but matured retail Banks But DCB has great future ahead due to its smaller base.So comprsion here is between great compnies and good stock.In next 10 years DCB Bank in my view should out perform many of bank stocks .Many of so called experts who had written off the stock are back again on counter with buy calls but now their purchase price will be higher than permanent backers( mocked in last quarter for backing) and many of small investers who were loading near 70 when experts were sellers.Who is having last laugh? Many of these Experts were selling DCB Bank at 80 or lower and buying Interglobe aviation at 1250 one day before December results.Shorting DCB even below 80 and buying Interglobe at 1250 looks trade of the year to them and were found boasting on TV channels about it.But they were caught swimming nacked in both .By whom?Small investers,Ha Ha.But investers in banking are cautioned that era of 30% CAGR in banking is over and best of Banks may settle at 15% ( in best case 20%if economy improves significantly, although I doubt) CAGR.It may also do the same mainly due to its smaller base with reasonble managent for many years ,at least a decade I expect.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    w4wealth and New_Investor like this.
  20. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

@darth there's a new cause now - loan recovery agents, lending to poor, blah blah

lol btw couldn't help but notice the fanboys silently participating [​IMG]

oh wait, let me run, gotta whine and complain to the admin [​IMG]

@kharb is your editing done?

it's moved from ₹68 to ₹100, no big deal
    when the industry is adjusting to the new normal, you keep on repeating that a small regional community bank will grow at rates surpassing the industry and all this without expanding the branch network, well good luck with that! [​IMG]

also, what's with your infatuation with IndiGo, is it a case of sour grapes?

I keep forgetting that you're the authority on credit ratings, apparently ₹33K crore is peanuts [​IMG]

RCap will trade in 4 figures because "hope"? It'll trade in 4 figures if people fall for the gimmick like "India on. Power on." Unless it doubles the business or it's valued at 2x the current valuations, your targets look far and distant, like the stars!

[​IMG]

अरे भाई कहना क्या चाहते हो

While we're it, I'd like to share something, bought Kakatiya Cements at ₹145 & ₹184. Sold at ₹220 & ₹285.

PS: I've decided to take a cue from Digital India & Swachh Bharat and will refrain from replying to any posts, however ridiculous or false the posts may be.