Stock market pitch is ready in 2016 and 2017 for Batting by Ambani Brothers of Both Relince group ??

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Dec 24, 2015.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Both Relince group have destroyed lot of wealth since 2008.If we talk in Language of Cricket Both Ambani brothers were out of form and not scoring at all and long list of their share holders were losing match after match.Many of them have even lost faith in them ,and rightly so But in cricket it is said performace is temporary ,but class is permanent.Can Ambani brothers prove this saying of cricket right in stock market.Year 2016 will tell it.Both Big Brothers have conditions and pitch on their side.Biggest plus for them is underperformance of their company stocks as compare to broader market which has risen a lot ,with their company stocks losing or remaing static.But now both groups and brothers seems to be in correction mode.Never estimate a person or company taking corrective steps.In that case impact is huge as gap and possibilty is wide starting from minus to plus.So past underperformance and present corrections can be deadly combination for stock out performances.More over market is Starving for Under Priced Ideas, a big positive for both brothers.But will it happen ,only time will tell.I am cautiously optimistic as a long term share holder of both groups.What is opinion of other fellow members.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    Biju likes this.
  2. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

Reliance Industries is a good story. Core performance is strong and will grow significantly in H2 CY 16.

I continue to believe the Jio initiative will consolidate industry and hence profit pool for remaining players will grow in the long term.

Retail continues to grow but is discounted.

Conglomerate discount and corporate governance discount will see PE always lower than what it deserves but EPS is set to grow.

But PE will always revert to its long term which means: there is upside from PE growth and EPS growth.

On ADAG

Yes, there is short term upside on R Cap but I have no conviction in the calibre or integrity of management.

3. Biju

Biju Member

It seems that they are keen on spoiling investors wealth and competing each other in making their own luxuries which were out of touch of their older generations !!! They lost trust since the listing of Power IPO. Now the younger bro sold some flats of Rcom and is cooking something on acquisitions. Vijay Mallia is much better promoter and his position is far far above in my vision (I feel is in trouble not because of his on faults . )
    (Discl. Not holding any shares of entire Reliance group nor planning to buy any of the reliance group in near future)

4. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

At present, no harm in investing in ADAG and MDAG Company stocks. But for short term only. Must keep a cautious approach. Not for long term investment. Not for core portfolio. Can't believe in these guys for long term. Actually trading and not investment would be advisable.

5. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Don't have too much expectations from Reliance Industries. The Jio effect will take its own time to get translated into better valuations.

ADAG pack can surprise on the upside in 2016. My top pick in the ADAG pack will be Rel Cap. It can give 25-30% upside in 2016 in my view

San8422 likes this.
  6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

ADAG pack Firing with all cylinders.Group stocks were up from 2 to 20%. Anil Ambani in Hurry? for recovery and may bat like Sahwag?I don't know,what is members opinion.

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I have been positive on Both Relince groups and has been posting since last few months,Both Relince groups are moving in tandom.Today two stocks , one stock each of both Ambani brothers has hit fresh 52 weeks high.Another stock is just resting after making 52 weeks high in earlier this month only .Rest of Both Relince group compnies are also on upward move may be for making fresh 52 weeks high.Is it just a matter of time?I don't know .I am long term invester in both groups and incedently listening song at the time of posting- Abhi to party Suru hui hai.As usual these posts are for discussion only.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  8. darth

darth Active Member

Recklessness was a trait in Sehwag. So it would be good if Anil runs like Dennis Kimetto

yembee likes this.
  9. Sanjay Kumar

Sanjay Kumar New Member

not a Big fan of Ambani's. I'd like to stay miles away from Ambani, Adani and Jindal type of stocks.

San8422 likes this.
  10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Sanjay,where you plan to invest by remaing miles away from Ambanis,pl share you're miles away from Ambani alternate stock ideas for benefit of those who are presently also invested in Ambanis stocks.

11. darth

darth Active Member

For me, '8k miles' was a good alternate miles away from Ambanis

12. darth

darth Active Member

For some its TINA and for some its NITA. ( No Is The Alternative )

The wives are in the drivers seat :D

13. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

I like to use NITA ,while searching for ideas.It has helped me .

Fun_Da_Mentalist likes this.
  14. darth

darth Active Member

Agreed. Usually NITA is better than TINA. And here i mean the approach to investing

15. Fun_Da_Mentalist

I think we might be moving away from the crux; which is : improving fundamentals in RIL'S core business

16. shakti khanduri

But Sir why focus on RIL only? It's core business is related to oil, which at present t does not enthuse much hope( in my view).In addition , even it has improving fundamentals, it is an elephant who will move slowly plus maket, in my view, does not give premium to management which TATA. enjoys .

San8422 likes this.
  17. Fun_Da_Mentalist

My point is the acceptance or rejection of a stock has to be based on a detailed analysis of the fundamentals. The fact is that the refining capacity of RIL is one of the most flexible and efficient in the world. This allows it to refine any quality of crude and in any mix and shift between the mixes very quickly. This is a very important piece of fact which must be fully assimilated. The completed capex will enhance bottom line by almost a billion dollars by end 2017 and the effects start manifesting by second half of calendar 16. Finally, of course Reliance is not a very transparent company and there will always be a PE discount for that and for the fact that it is a conglomerate of disparate businesses. Even given all that, it is quoting at a discount to its long term PE.

I am not suggesting it is the best opportunity going around in the stock market today. Certainly not. But I am certainly saying that if one cared to study it in detail and not be carried away just by media perception, it will be clear that there is a decent opportunity in the short run ( 6 -12 months ) and in my view, a much larger opportunity over 24 - 36 months.

18. shakti khanduri

INTERESTING INORMATIONS TO UNDERTAND RIL'S BUSINESS MODEL BETTER. THANKS.

19. darth

darth Active Member

Nobody doubts RIL providing a decent opportunity given that it nears the end of its massive capital investments and the expected topline boost, but TINA to RIL in 2016 is stretching it a bit too far.

20. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

But U never discuss 8 K miles in this form.????

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015