Transport Corp is great buy IMHO

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Srouta Mukherjee, May 26, 2016.

1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

IMHO TCI is great buy now because of GST and Demerger of TCX Express. Court sanction is coming soon. I think stock will fly. I am buying stock aggressively :)

Any views are there of members of forum on TCI?

2. Srouta Mukherjee

I am also having GATI stock.

3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Which is better stock,gati or tci.More over diesel vehicles ban on more than 10 years old may advetsaly affect transport sector but may help automobile sector.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

TCI appears better because of demerger news of TCI Xpress. There will be value unlocking.

[​IMG]

Logistics stocks moving ahead on GST hopes

However, there is a positive view on logistics’ stocks. “If GST is passed, it will definitely impact the rally in these stocks,” says Amarjeet S Maurya, senior analyst who handles mid-caps at Angel Broking. “As an investor, I would take a chance as people are anticipating that GST would be passed.” To sustain, though, the Bill's passage is needed, he agrees.

Adding, “Currently, the valuation is comparatively cheap, since the earnings of these companies have not done well. But, if GST is passed and with revival in the economy, which we see happening, it will definitely impact the earnings of these companies. And, we see it as a good time to invest.”

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Government has the numbers to pass GST bill: M. Venkaiah Naidu

Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday said that the government has the numbers to secure passage of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) bill, which is currently stuck in the Rajya Sabha.

Replying to a question on the feasibility of change of composition of Rajya Sabha and passage of GST Bill, he said: "Finance Minister (Arun Jaitley) has over the last one year clarified the government's position on the bill and the government has the numbers."

https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...he-numbers-to-pass-gst-bill/story/232972.html

Govt to push GST bill on 1st day of monsoon session

The government is set to aggressively push the Constitution amendment bill for implementing goods and services tax (GST) in the monsoon session of Parliament as it looks to roll out the long-awaited tax reform from April.

"We will look to introduce the bill on the first day itself and ask for a vote," said a senior government functionary, reflecting the assessment in ruling circles that Congress, sobered by fresh electoral setbacks, may not wish to play deal-breaker and risk isolation on the legislation which has the support of other non-BJP players.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...y-of-monsoon-session/articleshow/52442233.cms

6. darth

darth Active Member

Mr Naidu says Govt has the numbers..... Is this a new development? I know that the composition of the Rajya Sabha has changed/changing. Do numbers stack up favourably now?

Didnt a very learned member in here recently say that he thinks it will be a miracle if GST is passed?

Who to believe? I am so confused.

7. Srouta Mukherjee

GST will be cleared in 15 minutes if govt agrees to our terms, says Rahul

At the core of the dispute between the ruling party and the principal Opposition party is not just the demand for a constitutional cap on the GST median rate, as it is called, but also two other conditions put forward by the Congress.

https://indianexpress.com/article/i...ed-in-15-minutes-if-govt-agrees-to-our-terms/

The issue of goods and services tax (GST) and the Congress' opposition to it was flagged by the FIIs as an issue of concern. Gandhi told the investors that his party was in favour of GST and it was for the government to accept the demand to cap the tax rate at 18 per cent under the Constitution Amendment Bill. He categorically said that Congress supported the idea of a pan-India indirect tax.

https://www.business-standard.com/a...scusses-economy-with-fiis-116060400016_1.html

8. Srouta Mukherjee

Gati is shooting up today 9.87% gains :)

9. Srouta Mukherjee

Gati is shooting up again 4.51% at Rs. 158.50 sooper gains are there. What about TCI will it shoot up? share your views :)