Turnaround companies- (dec 2015)

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by w4wealth, Dec 12, 2015.

1. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

Turnaround companies that are fundamentally strong and potential businesses. share your valuable views.

2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

NITCO ltd - i think it is a turnaround since debt is reduced . please share views on this

shakti khanduri likes this.
  3. nprao

nprao New Member

Action Construction Equipment - debt has stabilised and company requires no additional capex until sales double from current levels. Will be one of the first beneficiaries of the infra capex revival.

w4wealth likes this.
  4. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

I would put my money on AIA Engineering. A well managed, debt-free company in an industry where there are only two players. The product is a must-have for the mining and cement industry. The stock is presently down owing to the woes of the economy in general and the mining sector in particular.

Edit: I have to correct myself. I think by "turnaround" you meant companies which are in fundamental difficulties presently. If so, AIA may not qualify.

5. nprao

nprao New Member

Nitco seems to have around Rs.800 crores of debt and its networth is negative. Also it is loss making at operating level I.e. Before any interest expenses are paid out! So looks like apart from debt, company has operational/ commercial problems too.

w4wealth likes this.
  6. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Subex Ltd is my personal turnaround pick. Management intends to be USD 100 million revenue company with a 25% operating margin. Debt levels reducing to comfortable levels thanks to the FCCB conversion. Operationally too the company has shown good results in the last 3 quarters. I believe this company can be a good turnaround candidate to bet on.

w4wealth likes this.
  7. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

Jubilant life, Sharon.Personal holdings ,hence biased view.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  8. sandeep1802

sandeep1802 Active Member

Pennar Industries: Company is now focussing on high profit margin sector...orders from Indian railways and low commodities prices can play a major role for this company....

9. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Reliance Capital.

shakti khanduri and w4wealth like this.
  10. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Dena Bank

11. darth

darth Active Member

Indian Hotels, suzlon and bajaj electricals

kharb and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  12. sunilmariner

sunilmariner New Member

first source solutions... shaping up very well..

13. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Kesoram Industries - a lot of restructuring. I'm buying. Biased.

14. San8422

San8422 Active Member

Turnarounds are like drug addicts. After rehabilitation, for some time they behave well and stay off drugs. Then most of them relapse. Thus very few drug addicts actually recover. Similarly very few turnarounds really turn around. (Would I marry my sister to an rehabilitated drug addict ? --> NO. Would I invest in a turnaround ?--> NO)

When we have so many choices in stock market then why are we exploring turnarounds which have very high risk associated with them? Also in such highly volatile markets and weak global economy the risk associated with turnarounds increases manifold. As these companies have destroyed the investor trust due to their past behavior then their is a high possibility that investors may panic even at minor bad news and stock may tumble down.

Also whether we like to admit it or not but most of us do only a superficial study in the name of fundamental analysis. Most of the time we refer to advice written by experts (Although we criticize then in public but we follow them in private). Such experts may be biased and even compromised. Thus due to our lack of study and high dependence on experts, we may not really know whether a business has really turn around or not.

Thus due to weak global economy, high volatility, lack of investor trust, our own lack of study and availability of better choices (due to recent corrections in January 2016) I feel that it is best that we avoid turnarounds completely.

This will come in handy this year (2016) because in the last 2 years mid caps and small caps have become very expensive. Thus they may not give very good returns this year. Hence many broking houses will definitely try to sell turnaround stories and trap retailers. SO BEWARE OF TURNAROUNDS THIS YEAR (2016).

Rahul@RJ, kharb and Sandeep Gupta like this.
  15. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Can you please post the message in english?