What is the best option to invest in Stock of HDFC Life Insurance?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Aug 11, 2016.

1. saashy

saashy Member

Seems to have reached 10+ times overall but yes .. just about making it, as far as retail category is concerned. In that sense, it certainly is a lukewarm response even if size was relatively bigger. Particularly in the mind of a retail investor what got registered was the significant increase in valuation over the last transaction ( Premji trust ) - as this was mentioned in almost all brokerage reviews. Other factors which seem to have played were - 1. Slow progress in the first two days which sort of made many retail investors more apprehensive. It only picked up at the end. 2. Perception about ICICI as a brand in a segment of retail investor.

What's your view Saturn on this and also on expected valuation on listing

2. Farhan Ghumra

Farhan Ghumra Active Member

In my view listing gains won't be much higher but in long term it will surely give better returns.

kharb likes this.
  3. saturn

saturn Member

I am a hardcore hawk. Always very careful of any hype since our markets are very shallow and take fancy to anything new. I did not apply for my take on this was wait and watch and let the dust settle.

Another example is these Dairy Product stocks... which have the imagination of some (probably vested) interests and results in the stocks shooting through the roof. Milk/Dairy products vs unorganised sector and cooperatives in my opinion is a long haul irrespective what all these some called stock gurus and reports say

4. smartinvest

smartinvest New Member

Hello,
    I m interested in HDFC Life ESOP Shares @Rs 230/- per share. The ESOP shares cannot be sold on the exchange for 12 months after listing. (Listing is likely to happen in May next year).
    I can buy upto 50k shares .

>Thanks a lot BombayBoy, for extending this help. I do have HDFC Life shares ( through ESOP route ) and >been contemplating what could be the best way to deal with them.
    >What would be your view, to look at to sell a part ( am not sure the current rate ) .. or wait till the indirect >listing happens. Which has been largely my view.

5. saashy

saashy Member

Since this IPO is now just about a week away, what are the views being carried. Listing gains / short term, medium term and long term.

6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

HDFC life insurance will be good long term Secular story but will give CAGR of around 15% ,so only those who are old fashioned and like to play like test match can take exposure for steady returns but those who think themselves as 20_20 Champions can look elsewhere I am going to invest.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    saashy likes this.
  7. rakhi

rakhi Member

These are for people who want to invest in bonds and equites in order to balance the risk and return. There are several types of funds in which one can invest depending on its risk capacity.

8. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

Can you maintain some sensibilities and not dilute dedicated threads by such general Gyan.

It's best if you start a new thread where you can add as many similar posts as you wish

9. gauridollar

gauridollar New Member

Hello, I am new for this forum so Plz help me to join it.
    Thank you

10. babli investment

babli investment New Member

11. babli investment

babli investment New Member