Which is the biggest multibagger you had?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by w4wealth, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Fantastic performance. How much (%) of your net worth is in equity? How much you have allocated to these stocks? You buy in one lot or in SIP? How many stocks you have in all in portfolio?

2. ANITHA

ANITHA New Member

Is Deccan gold ok with corp. Governance standards?

3. ANITHA

ANITHA New Member

For a change some SILLY bag gets.
    Penta soles technologies
    Penta soft
    Era infra
    Vishal exports and a couple of other stocks.
    All became super duper multi baggers. But never knew when to exit. And still hold them at single digit price.
    Morale: Knowing when to exit/ cut losses / not falling in love with stocks is as important as identifying good stocks at correct entry point.

Fun_Da_Mentalist and w4wealth like this.
  4. Srouta Mukherjee

Really worst situation to be in. To have in hand and still lose it. Worst feeling :(

Very good advice. All must remember. 2008 was example of this when all gains disappeared in air.

5. prashant

prashant Active Member

Dear Srouta,
    I do not allow my stock list to go more than 20, a wise man said stocks n kids are same, lesser the no, you can take better care .

Generally I buy in crashes or when prices are rock bottom or I am comfortable with the price .
    I do not understand FnO, lot, etc etc, just cash buy n hold .

I am salaried person so I always keep surplus money ready and buy as mentioned above.
    If am really convinced I ensure my allocation is 5 to 10% of my portfolio for that stock.
    My biggest allocation and bet as on date is prima plastics which is testing my patience but am sure about it.

I do not buy in SIP because its for ordinary peoples who do not understand market, we do understand when to buy a stock at bargain . One principal I follow by heart, if am confident about stock, am ruthless in averaging(down) / holding about it .

I just understand basic fundamentals and I read lot of stock stories from Guru's. if I am convinced after my home work, I do not bother what markets talks, I keep cool .

Regarding equity allocation, I started building core portfolio in last 3 years only.
    Prior to that 8 years I spent in market to learn lot of common sense with smaller amounts.
    I try to keep real estate and equity allocation 50-50 but no predefined rules, wherever I feel opportunity is huge, I just grab it very quickly.

Hope it helps .

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant

6. prashant

prashant Active Member

Hi Anitha,
    in mmb few weeks ago one gentleman posted detailed transcript of their recent IR call and it was amazing.
    Please read it if possible, it will talk about seriousness of the management .
    We have progressive government in center with lot of pressure to perform, which we hope will remove all mining hurdles quickly.
    Hope it helps .

Thanks & Regards
    Prashant

shakti khanduri likes this.
  7. ANITHA

ANITHA New Member

Can u pl. Post the link?

8. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

Why did you sell Kitex Garments?

9. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@ Mr Prashant .Interesting write up. Strategy wise we are in the same camp , it appears - though I am a just learner.Good achievement . Congratulations!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  10. iahmad_07

iahmad_07 New Member

Anant Raj.....

11. prashant

prashant Active Member

12. FUNDOO

FUNDOO New Member

TVS Shrichara Tyres 265 to 2750 (~2 yrs) Thomas Cook 68 to 207 (~2.5 yrs) Akshar Chemical 55 to 127 (~2 yrs) Asahi Songwon 70 to 170 ( adj. for free Akshar Chem ) (2 yrs), Atul 800 to 1660 (~2 yrs), Sintex 19 to 102 ( ~ 2.5 years ) IFGL 35 to 105 ( ~ 2.5 yrs). I have partly traded in these shares so that my cost keep coming down. I believe Asahi Songwon and Akshar Chem have great prospects with low debt, steady business and single digit PE. Have recently added Bodal Chemicals(up 30%) and Manali Petro (up 50%). Again No/Low Debt Low PE, turn around stories which look good

w4wealth and prashant like this.
  13. Srouta Mukherjee

There was a lot of discussion in valuepickr about the cash balance of Rs. 200 crore in the EEFC account and also valuations are high and so I got worried and decided not to take the risk but put money in other stocks.

14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I have L& T since I think 1989,allotted through FCD and converted to shares at 60 Rupees.Has got bonuses and Ultratech stock,must be near to 150 baggers.ITC is another hit but bought it in this century. Of recent stocks ,it is Yes bank bought between 50 to 75.Many others includes Lupin,Indusind,Axis bank ,Kotak bank,Vardhman Textiles exited recently may enter again,TCS,Bharti, Ultratech,Infosys, Idea,ICICI bank,Asian paints are some of present portfolio. Many others had been sold out.Biggest wealth destroyers have been JP Associates, Usha rectifier,Bindal agro,IVRCL Oswal spg and wvg,Punj Llyod,Gujrat ambuja Experts, Modi alkali,dhar ispat,somany iron where I booked loses.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  15. Srouta Mukherjee

25 years! Sir what is your longest holding share?

16. prashant

prashant Active Member

Pranam ---/\--- Kharb Guruji :) you are the symbol of patience in this market.
    I was holding ITC, IOC,HPCL some time mid of last decade, lost patience and just sold .
    Looks like lot of things to learn from you. Hope I will get another infosys and LnT in my portfolio.

Best regards,
    Prashant

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  17. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

@FUNDOO so you are a great investor. nice to see you on this forum.

18. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Fundoo,You multiply your money too fast ,I do it but slow and steady ,find very hard to even meet my targeted return of just around CAGR of 20% or just 5 to 10% above NIFTY or Sensex.Can you post all your buys on same day for benefit of many slow movers like me for at least one year.World is changing fast with people like you but I am finding hard to get along in fast lane .

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Karthikeyan likes this.
  19. Harshie

Harshie New Member

I have been fortunate to make good money in ... Page Industries - entered at 1200/- and kept buying more till 4,000/- . I started selling only at 15,000/- and still have one third of my allocation left. Due to strong conviction I was able to buy big quantity and luckily made good money.
    I entered Yes Bank around 200/- and bought more subsequently (up&down) eventually sold at around 730/-.
    Had 3x in VA Tech Wabag and IPCA Labs as well. But the amount invested was not meaningful enough. Wish I had more cash to invest in these 2 stocks.

20. Chintan h Trivedi

Chintan h Trivedi New Member

I had 100 kajaria ceramics @32 but sold it at 36 thinking it have more than 10% return in less than a month and now see where it has reached? Similar is the case with mphasis bfl.