Will the BJP Government suceed in prosecuting Vijay Mallya?

Discussion in 'Must-Read Interviews, Articles & News Items' started by New_Investor, Mar 8, 2016.

?

Will the BJP Government succeed in prosecuting Vijay Mallya?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2016.
  1. Yes

44.4%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Can't say

22.2%
  1. darth

darth Active Member

Unwanted advice often comes from those who need "a lot more advice themselves" than they give to others.

I mean unsolicited advice Is usually more about the needs of the giver than the receiver.

2. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

I'm in forced exile but I'm willing to settle my dues with banks: Vijay Mallya

Mallya, whose passport was revoked this month, said he wants a "reasonable" settlement with creditor banks for his defunct airline, but they "are not getting any money" by taking his passport or arresting him.

Read more at : https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/52036686.cms

3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Mallaya is playing good game here of hide and seek.

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

Vijay Mallya made an offer to repay 4k crore plus an additional 2k if he wins his suit against GE. Everybody has agreed that this is a great offer.
    I was right all along. Something is wrong somewhere. I think the real defaulters are being shielded and attention is being diverted. The RBI has also asked banks to remove certain groups from the defaulter list and its willful defaulter list is hilarious.
    "Not so good time for banking sector I would say."

5. New_Investor

6. Srouta Mukherjee

Exclusive — Vijay Mallya, fugitive billionaire, breaks his silence

In an interview with Lionel Barber, FT editor, Vijay Mallya rejects the allegations against him. With business interests from cricket to Formula One, the businessman says he is ‘in forced exile’ after New Delhi cancelled his passport

7. ssgeethan

ssgeethan Member

Top 10 defaulters ... Mallya, though he is at fault, stands a distant 9th ... What is the govt going to do with the 1st eight, couple of them belonging to the government itself?

1. Usha Ispat: Usha Ispat is a metals and mining industry with Rs 16,911 crore outstanding amount and willful defaults of Rs 5,093 crore. Its key creditor is LIC.

2, Lloyds Steel: The second on the list is Lloyds Steel with an outstanding amount of Rs 9,478 crore and total wilful defaults of Rs 6,309 crore. Its key creditor is Bank of India. This company is now acquired by Uttam Galva Group

3. Hindustan Cables Ltd: The telecom cables company has an outstanding amount of Rs 4,917 crore and its key creditor is Bank if India. This company is now winding up.

4. Hindustan Photofilms MFG co: The Photo Films company is the fourth defaulter with Rs 3,929 crore as an outstanding amount credited by LIC. This company is not functional anymore.

5. Zoom Developers: The Real estate company has an outstanding amount of Rs 3,843 crore with Rs 137 crore wilful defaults. Oriental Bank of Commerce is its key creditor.

6. Prakash Industries: Prakash Industries is a mining, steel and power company with an outstanding amount of Rs 3,665 crore and wilful defaults of Rs 2,233 crore. Its key creditor is also LIC. This company is operational.Prakash Industries is a mining, steel and power company with an outstanding amount of Rs 3,665 crore and wilful defaults of Rs 2,233 crore. Its key creditor is also LIC. This company is operational.

7. Cranes Software International: The IT company has Rs 3,580 crore outstanding amount with Rs 2505 crore wilful defaults. Its key creditor is Bank of India. This company is operational.

8. Prag Bosimi Synthetics: The eighth wilful defaulter is Prag Bosimi Synthetics which is a textile industry with an outstanding amount of Rs 3,558 crore credited by IDBI Bank. This company is operational.

9. Kingfisher Airlines: The most talked about aviation company Kingfisher Airlines is the ninth wilful defaulter with an outstanding amount of Rs 3,259 crore. Its key creditor is Punjab national Bank. This company is closed.

10. Malvika Steel: The steel industry has an outstanding amount of Rs 3057 crore and its key creditor is GIC. This company is closed.

8. New_Investor

9. Srouta Mukherjee

10. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

Enforcement attatched rs . 1000+ crores worth mallya assets.