A Stock for next 20 years anyone?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by harsimran.bajaj, Apr 19, 2015.

1. harsimran.bajaj

harsimran.bajaj New Member

Hi Everyone I am 20 Year Old Boy Who wants to learn about markets more than i currently know ;)
    But to be Straight Does anyone Know of a Stock that i Could Do a SIP for next 20 years ;) Just asking
    My Guess would be it would be High Growth Consumer Stock for That will Some Housing Finance Company Qualify or Something like TTk Prestige or Hawkins Guide me Guys
    Thanks

2. ssharma

ssharma New Member

IMHO best bet would be to invest in good small/mid-cap fund.

kharb likes this.
  3. karan.vazirani

karan.vazirani New Member

20 years is a long time bro. IMO, its best to keep reviewing the performance of your scrips periodically. Investing with a 5 year view should be good enough. I doubt anyone could give you a prediction/estimation for next 20 years !

You could go the "Mutual fund" way, if your outlook is this long term.

4. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Friend, First be a 20 yrs old MAN not boy.

You may look at Munjal showa or Vardhman acrylics.

dont consider large cap for long term.

I am glad to see that a 20 yrs old man has such a long term vision. You may be the future buffet.

Goodluck :)

5. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Guru bhai, whats the story in these stocks? Can you kindly tell. I would also like to buy a stock for very long term which I can hold without any tension of buying and selling. Regards

6. Guru Vachaal

Munjal Showa:

1) Hero Group Company
    2) Honest Management ( needless to say)
    3) Dividend payout ( It is an evidence that they hold real cash )
    4) Trading at a low PE as compared to industry.
    5) Zero Debts
    6) Make in India may have a positive impact on the company.
    7) About to start 4th manufacturing plant in Gujarat.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/results-boardroom/expect-11-growthrevenuefy15-munjal-showa_1221886.html

Vardhman Acrylics: is a leading Manufacturer & Supplier of Acrylic fiber

1) Well known promoters.
    2) Lovely cash flow
    3) Zero debts
    4) CMP lower than Book Value
    5) Shri **** Oswal is the chairman
    6) History of buyback.

https://www.vardhman.com/products_fiber_promoters.asp

7. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I think all of us are in this position :) I agree with the responses above. It is best to buy a basket of good securities and hold them for a long, long time. Either a mutual fund or an ETF (e.g. Nifty Junior) would do the task in an admirable manner.

Really, you deserve to be praised for thinking about investments at this age. If you do follow the right path by investing only in quality stocks and avoiding get-quick-rich-overnight stocks, you are guaranteed to make a fortune in 20 years.

Good luck to you.

w4wealth likes this.
  8. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

IDFC and HUL are good for long term

9. jagdish.moga

jagdish.moga Member

tcs @ sunpharma long term

10. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

Try for Petronet - it is must buy stock for long term.

11. harsimran.bajaj

First of all Thanks to everyone for Such Nice Pieces of Wisdoms.
    @ssharma & @karan vazirani I really Do not want to go the Mutual Fund Way because of the simple reason that they buy at highs i mean they get inflows in bull market and outflows in bear where as it should be opposite and i at this age is willing to take better risks.
    To me Ownership of a great Business matters more so mutual fund not a good way :p

12. harsimran.bajaj

ya @Guru Sir i should start calling myself a man ;) Do the companies You mentioned have Moats of any kinds? I will research after 20 days final year exams :)
    @Meenakshi mam I am investing since last 4 years
    I am Currently Holding Ceat Tyres and Ipcca lab and had Bought and Sold Tata Steel and Apollo tyres
    My reasons for the above were as follows :
    Ceat My Dad had a Honda Eterno(scooter) it tyres needed to be replaced very often and they were ceat and shop from where dad bought tyres used to say that Ceat was a very good quality tyre and for two wheelers it was best.
    I looked at it peers JK did not appeal to me much and Ceat tyres were cheaper than MRF and i could not by a single MRF with 10000 i had :p so i just bought Ceat around 130-150 to be Honest i never thought that it will do such wonders ;)
    Apollo i also bought apollo when it fell due to apollo copper deal as i like to buy good companies in temprorary trouble (maybe amature) so i bought 80 and sold at 140 with help of technical analysis.
    Tata Steel i was looking at it peers and a less heard company for me Visa Steel was quoting 1.5 times book and Poor tata steel 0.5 book so i just bought that its a large cap and they will some day quote near to 1 book value.
    So bought at 230-250 and sold @ 450 as when i first invested it had book value of 500 or 550 again i sold it with some technical help and moreover it is a cyclical which can not be held for long :)
    Ipca i recently have been buying Ipca as it is in temporaray trouble and has a great managment and as we all know great managements come out strong :) so hoping Ipca to be 1200 easily in next 4-5 years i know for some this will be very bad as many stocks have been recently giving 100% a month but i am satisfied with 100% in 4-5 years :)
    Sorry for being Long :)

13. harsimran.bajaj

back to stocks for long run
    i am looking for a company or companies with some kind of Moat- Entry barriers, brand value, Customer network or conect, Great managment etc.
    Small or a Midcap
    not a Cyclical plz guide and help guys
    I know my earlier investment decision are poor so to improve them i am here recommend me books sites etc or if someone great has a research firm give me an internship because i just love reading about companies and sharing what i know

14. harsimran.bajaj

Gruh Finance reasons were that they operate in a great segment that is 5-15 lakh ticket size have customer relationship which to me is kind of moat and moreover the best possible management for a Housing Business and our goverments plans for Housing for all.

One Doubt i have is was Housing For All Cause of 2008 Crash if yes does it ring alarm bell for india as Modi sir is Doing Housing for all too just a thought from a amature ;) take it lightly

15. jacobvacha

jacobvacha New Member

@ vardhman acrylic

My limited knowledge says if a cos price is less than the Book value
    there is something seriously wrongly with the co

one thing i can say confidently.. the stock is not investor friendly or otherway around
    market does not defriend that counter

reason .. one has to investigate

jacob mathew

16. Guru Vachaal

If you look carefully, will notice that the Book Value has been increasing on yearly basis but price is unable to surpass the BV.

This happens when a stock is overlooked by the marketeers. Also notice its cash generating capabilities and strong management.

Once it is noticed by the market, will make new highs.

17. jalaj.anand

jalaj.anand New Member

Dear,
    Glad to know you are young and want to invest in shares for long term, I would suggest go to www.drvijaymalic.com and study his all the articles one by one,and then decide your self
    Where to invest ,bcs its your money u should know why u r investing in particular stock .u know in our times no such information was available , u are lucky that u are in the time where all the information is available on net. You have time and enthusiasm with u . u can look in to KTIL /shilpi cables/granuals/dhfl etc from long term prospect after self analysis. Best of luck for yr investment journey.
    Jalajanand

18. Parin Gala

I did an in depth analysis of Vardhaman Acrylics. It seems to be a good investment proposition compared to the hefty premium other companies are trading at. I think the stock is overlooked right now. Good for us. I am going in and buying some shares for my portfolio for the next 3-4 years. Thanks Guru bhai for bringing it to our notice.

19. Guru Vachaal

I am glad that you considered my suggestion but always remember that great undervalued stocks are usually boring. :)

w4wealth likes this.
  20. Parin Gala

I am a seasoned long term investor, I love boring stocks ;)