Any Reviews about discount broker zerodha

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Warrenbuff77, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

Hi Folks, I am planning to open an account with zerodha which charges on discount brokerage. Around 20rs for one transaction. I am in to short term delivery based trading. My present broker charges 250 rs per transaction including all tax+ brokerage for a single transaction of 50k & 20rs minimum brokerage if transaction is less than 7k in one day. I think I can save some money if I use discount brokerage.
    I use mobile App for trading. Let me know if anyone has valuable feedbacks about zerodha.

@ Admin: I am not sure if this violates the forum rules. If that is the case, kindly request you to remove this thread. Thank you.

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

There is discussion here:
    Zerodha - brokerage free

I read one review which say it is "Scam Fraud Pathetic Service of Zerodha, Stay Away." Their trading terminals are pathetic, customer service is worst, they only care for their brokerage and for their technical issue you have to bear huge loss. #F*KZerodha. Its better you should stay away with this scam service, I am thinking of legal notice against this firm, also mention their f ..

Somebody has good review and somebody has bad review.

https://www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/Zerodha-reviews-925670738

Jitu likes this.
  3. Srouta Mukherjee

If you are trading in app IIFL has zero brokerage offer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warrenbuff77 likes this.
  4. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

Thanks srouta Bhai for ur kind help. I never searched for online feedbacks on zerodha, rather thought our RJ members could give a clear user feedback. I read in the link u shared abt a person who lost in intraday due to server issue - unable to change stop loss limit.
    Anyways I will check IIFL. I am using Geojit selfie app which is very easy to use. Only pain is brokerage..

5. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

There's always 2 sides to a story. I'm pretty happy moving to RKSV from IIFL & our family broker who is fuckin charging us 0.60% for delivery trades. Have applied for account opening with Zerodha and the sales people were more than eager to talk to close the sale. Sent the form thru their Mumbai associate and now those Bangalore sales crap won't answer or return my calls.

NEST is a terrible platform for trading. IIFL Markets is good. RKSV's Upstox is the only reason I've decided to go with them and will definitely recommend it. Zerodha, I'll wait for Kite to be available via app, till then will trade via web (assuming the account is opened).

IIFL - my RM was supposedly sending somebody to collect a document in the first week of Dec 2015, that person is yet to arrive, must've gone sightseeing! I'll walk-in to an IIFL office and hand in my account closure forms the next time. But they remember to call me and try sell me a mutual fund or some other trades that I'm not interested in.

If you're in for the tech, Zerodha and RKSV are good. People, you'll always find them with any service provider. As long as my shares are regularly being transferred to my DP account, no worries.

Srouta - thanks for posting that offer, will utilise some money lying in my IIFL account to trade.

6. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

I have an account with Zerodha. My experience was different. Though they don't have an office in my region, they did all they had to through phone. I had problems with Zerodha Nest a few times. On those occasions they sorted out the issues promptly by accessing my system through Teamviewer/Ammyadmin.

Further, when I raise any queries, through EMail, they get replied quickly.

yembee, rkiran and BombayBoy like this.
  7. BombayBoy

transferred funds using IMPS - instant credit to Zerodha around 8:13 AM and called em up at 8:36 AM - a guy confirmed receipt of funds & said it will be available for trade before the market opens
    call em again at 9:10 AM, the girl wastes my time and says bank server is down and keeps repeating it like a recorded tape to any question asked
    sent a mail to CEO and recd a reply, called em up yet again at 10:24 AM and another girl same story

over 2 hours since they recd my money but yet to get the same in my trading account

0/10 would recommend Zerodha based on this experience
    RKSV is considerably better than Zerodha in terms of CS & TAT for any issues

Karthikeyan likes this.
  8. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

@BombayBoy

When you transfer money before Market opens, this happens with Zerodha. I also faced the same problem once. If you transfer money after the Market opens, it is immediately available for trading. Zerodha has to fix this issue.

BombayBoy likes this.
  9. BombayBoy

finally the ordeal ends and my funds are available for trading after mails to the CEO and Head CS

@Karthikeyan - i transfer funds at odd hours like even 2-3 AM in the night from my HDFC Bank account to RKSV's HDFC Bank account with my Client Code in the description and wake up to the funds being credited in my trading account

Zerodha officially cited HDFC Bank servers being down as a problem, i don't deny it but they should handle the situation better

10. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

This is an area, Zerodha has to do something.

11. baanil

baanil New Member

It is imperative to understand the difference between a full service broker and a discount broker before you find the best share broker in India. While the former charges you brokerage as a percentage of your trade value, the latter charges you on basis of the number of trades and is much cheaper. If you opt to trade multiple times a month, it is best to go for a discount broker rather than a full service option. However, it is important to consider a few important factors before you choose a discount broker to manage your trading activities.

Here is a list of factors to consider while choosing a discount broker to enable you to deal in stock market:

Reputation of the broker

You may browse through various stock investment websites and search for the best share broker. Research will help you to see if there are any complaints and problems that exist against a broker you choose. You may also browse through their personal work experience with other investors in the market.

Check for two important categories

Fixed price per trade charge: There are brokers who charge fixed price brokerage per trade irrespective to the volume of trade. These are minimal charges.

Fixed monthly fees for unlimited trade: some discount brokers charge fixed monthly fees and offers limitless trading tips in preferred exchanges and sections. Moreover, they also offer competitive unlimited trading plans depending on your service requirements.

Cost effectiveness

A broker will charge different kinds of fees associated with trading. These may include maintenance fee, account opening fee and transaction fee. However, a discount stock broker will charge less transaction fee if you trade frequently and low maintenance fee if you intend to hold stock for a longer period of time. They basically focus on price-per-trade. Also make sure that the commission charge is reasonable.

Investment efficiency

Discount brokers will always suggest stocks on the major exchanges. They are straight forward and will only provide guidance to facilitate a transaction that you wish to make. However, if you feel that your broker compels you to buy shares of their choice and makes unnecessary investment proposition, then you certainly have the wrong broker helping you.

Check your broker’s knowledge

A good broker will always make decisions based on your profile and will then suggests a stock for you. A discount share broker will have to explain the fundamentals of the stock, its valuation, market capitalization, its future prospects and most importantly, the degree of risk and profit prospective. If they fail to explain their actions, ignore such brokers.

Last but not the least; remember to have a broker account especially with those who do not have a physical presence and operate online.
    https://www.brokersanalysis.com/

12. Feroz

Feroz Member

Zerodha services are far better than regular borkerages. What else you need when delivery based trades are free. Whereas regular brokerages are charging 0.90 to 1.60 for buy and sell. Thus I highly recommend Zerodah for retail investors. Thanks

13. MoneyWorks4ME

MoneyWorks4ME Active Member

I am loving the interface. Less and Clutter free.

14. Satish satish

Satish satish New Member

Hi,

Zerodha has started their Kite APP

More information and review of zerodha Brokerage charges information at

https://theindianstockbrokers.com/zerodha-brokerage-online-trading-account-review/

15. baanil

baanil New Member

Online Stock Broker Account on Zerodha

Open your stock broker account with Zerodha, get complete information about Zerodha and will help you find the answer, why you should open account with Zerodha.

https://www.brokersanalysis.com/brokerage?a=27/Zerodha

16. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

BB, you have been using Zerodha services since last 4 months. So what is your view now about their services? Are you satisfied? Would you recommend Zerodha?

17. BombayBoy

hello

yes, i would recommend Zerodha & RKSV only if you are looking for a no frills brokerage

[​IMG]

18. Srouta Mukherjee

No frills means what? Portfolio tracking is there? What about calculation of capital gains automatically? Kotak gives ready made statement of capital gains. Is there comparison of feature between brokerages? I am paying 0.15% on investment from Kotak brokerage.

19. Srouta Mukherjee

Some comparison is there in https://www.indiansharebroker.com/ but full list is not given of features. I want portfolio tracking and capital gains to be there otherwise i is impossible to track portfolio.

20. Rakesh Verma

Rakesh Verma New Member

There are few aspects mentioned in this article on Zerodha Review, but I am looking for information on the performance of their mobile app from actual users. Please Help!