Deletion of posts/ comments for being abusive

Discussion in 'Announcements And Feedback' started by Meenakshi Razdan, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Several complaints have been received from the esteemed members of the forum regarding a few posts relating to reviews of services provided by stock advisory services. Unfortunately, the persons making the review appear to have forgotten the distinction between “criticism” and “abuse”. The posts liberally use terms like “manipulator”, “liar”, “cheater”, “fraud” and so on for the service providers.

These posts/ comments have been deleted.

While legitimate criticism is welcome, using offensive and defamatory words is not.

All members of the forum are requested to be circumspect about their language and manner of expressing their views. The use of inappropriate language will lead to a deletion of the post together with suspension/ termination of membership.

In future, anyone posting a flattering or a critical review about a stock recommendation service may be required to furnish proof that he is indeed a client of the service and not a rival seeking to defame a competitor.

Also, posts that are blatant advertisements will be deleted without notice.

hariohm151, Kris, Sonia and 6 others like this.
  2. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

Three Cheers! A step, although delayed, well taken.

3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Meenakshi,I fully endorse and apriciate your thought and action.I also request fellow members to adhere to norms set by society in general and adminstrator in particular. But I also request to adminsterater to use censureship only when extremely desired to keep intact its present very high standard of freedom of expression and voice of small investers, which is commendable and very rare.Thumbs up to Arjun and all staff members of this site for providing such a great platform to small investers.

4. paturi

paturi New Member

Good action Moderators.

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

You have to learn from Donald of Valuepickr. He is VERY STRICT. Anyone who does NONSENSE IS IMMEDIATELY BANNED FOR LIFE. That is why the valuepickr forum is so famous. They have ZERO TOLERANCE Policy.

Raaz and shakti khanduri like this.
  6. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

In Investment process as the experts suggest , we should be more concered about the downside and protect against that eventuality. Here down side is losing the capital by innocent investor like me by getting trapped .

7. Kris

Kris New Member

Well said! Appreciated!

8. hariohm151

hariohm151 New Member

---------------------------------------

You are absolutely right, Mam. Value of this valuable board should be reduced

9. hariohm151

hariohm151 New Member

I am very sorry and regret for my post /comment have been posted by me on Nov 20 2015. Unfortunately I have done mistake in writing not to be adding word as "not" in the sentence. Actually my intention was, to be posting like as "Value of this should not be reduced". I watching our site regularly. But do not posting any massage. To day I noticed my massage and shocked & ashamed. Once again I am sorry.

10. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Don't worry so much intention was very clear and it was clear a typing mistake on your part.

11. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear hariohm 151,you can also use edit facility to correct any post which you think is does not fully represent your view or you have come to some fresh conclusion which is not in line with your post.Any way correction is best way to improve in many cases ,in case of typing error or some time being factualy incorrect or ignorant or too early conclusion or not fully repsenting your actual views.We all do it and need to correct ourselves. And as Dear Saruta Mukherjea pointed,it was clearly looking a typing error.

12. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

A few posts complaining about the termination of account by a stock advisory service have been deleted. The posts used derogatory terms such as “crook”, “trap” etc while referring to the service. The service has produced material to show that the member concerned had circulated the stocks recommendations of the service to a whatsapp group. This was in violation of the terms of service and so the account was terminated. The member concerned can have no legitimate grievance about the termination of his account with the service. He is also not justified in venting his grievance here by using derogatory terms. Accordingly, the posts have been deleted. The Member concerned has also been warned to be circumspect about his language and choice of words when posting in the forum. If the violation continues, his account will be suspended/ terminated.