Market check - Is the current fall in market over or some more pain left?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by whomiiitr@gmail.com, Apr 24, 2015.

1. whomiiitr@gmail.com

whomiiitr@gmail.com New Member

Nifty tried to rebound from the 8270 odd levels couple of times. It seems to be a very strong support. Until broken decisively, the market should make a comeback and post a 200-300 points rally from here. What do the boarders feel?

2. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Most of the Nifty's next leg of movement will be dependant on the events lined up next week. The decision on Greek default, whether Greece will be out of Eurozone, discussions regarding implementation of GST etc. Next week's movements of the markets will be news driven.

3. Vidhi Khanna

Vidhi Khanna Active Member Staff Member

Market overvalued despite fall; no signs of growth: Andrade

Kenneth Andrade, HD- Investment, IDFC Mutual Fund, says the market has more scope to fall further and if it does, stocks will not be at their correct valuations because they have run up way ahead.

Read more at: https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/mf-interview/market-overvalued-despite-fall-no-signsgrowth-andrade_1366641.html

4. whomiiitr@gmail.com

I somehow feel that when most analysts become negative on market, it rebounds with a good rally and the current scenario is very similar like last fall. There are always ample positive and negative news in the market to give it any direction. It is just that, when FII turns buyer in this market. Domestic investors are not strong enough to give a rally to market, they can only contain the fall. In my view, the nifty should rebound to 8600 in couple of weeks.

5. bholu

bholu Active Member

I remember the market rebounded from 8250 levels...lets wait and see the results season has been flat...so that maybe a negative...there is also MAT on FIIs which is weighing in on flows....interesting times ahead

6. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Today's fall is very frightening to me. All my stocks are in heavy loss. I am feeling very worried about the situation. Hope market recovers fast and turns into green. :(

7. bholu

bholu Active Member

My sense is that market will recover as fresh money will flow from institutional investors as they receive funds from retail/HNI investors ...also dollar is gaining against rupee, crude prices are still low, government begins its own spending... but it also depends on the stock you have chosen for investments

8. Srouta Mukherjee

I hope so too. Market should recover fast.

9. abhiarps

abhiarps New Member

news of gst and tax clarification by govt will be done soon nd markets likely to rebound as soon as this happens

10. ayan.ghosh

ayan.ghosh New Member

Cash is King ... I have made a mistake by investing some of my cash on Thursday ... I could have got a better deal :(

With the MAT overhang ... as well as poor earnings season ... alongwith expiry coming next week ... i think it's better to wait ...

Anyways ... i remember RJ telling in an interview that if NIFTY breaks 8000 ... it dooms trouble ...just one more observation ... RJ is selling some of his portfolio ... including Titan, Sterling, Pipavav, Dewan Housing ... may be an opportunity for us is awaiting as the badsaah is looking for an investment ...

11. Parin Gala

Most analysts were talking about 8300 being a strong support.. That has come and gone. Looks like 8000 is on the cards soon.

12. Srouta Mukherjee

I am feeling very nervous about the steep fall. All my stocks are down. My portfolio is in deep red.

13. Srouta Mukherjee

My portfolio is greatly under-performing the market. Too may midcaps and small caps stocks. Down heavily. Overall market is down 0.49% my portfolio is down 2.26% :(

14. Parin Gala

My portfolio is also full of Midcaps and smallcaps. Its down 6% from last week. Hope this carnage ends soon.

15. bholu

bholu Active Member

We had really seen a very sharp rally from 6000 levels to 9000 levels, and several stocks were well ahead of fundamentals...this was more or less waiting, the market is punishing any slight miss in earnings.. Obviously I am also making losses but luckily with the exception of few stocks I cannot say its a carnage ..can anybody suggest where the bottom is ?

16. Biju

Biju Member

When market start to fall continously, it won;t look for fundamentals and fundamentals won't stop falling

17. whomiiitr@gmail.com

Looks like, nifty took support @8200 again. Rebound started. TV today already ran, time to pick Dish tv, HSIL, PTC, DHFL...for the quick return..

18. Parin Gala

Now most analysts talking about a 8-10% correction for the markets from these levels. Looks like staying in cash is the best option right now

19. Biju

Biju Member

There is always justifications on fall either blame rise in crude prices, weak rupee, high bank rates etc. But the fact behind this nose dive today was absence of FIIs because the Modi Government has ridiculously failed on solving MAT issue and FIIs have been forced to go court and they are not going to turn up soon. Govt. even failed to make consentience on GST in parliament.
    RBI governor Raghuram Rajan thinks he is so clever and the fall in inflation is a result of his policies not the impact of crude price fall, Crude price may go up and it is not even in control of producers worldwide. If RR is not going to cut rates soonest possible he will regret for his layman-like policies later, because this is the last chance for him to initiate a rate cut. Over all the feeling is that be away from the market for a short to medium term of three months until Q2 15 results comes in.
    As the analysts claiming it is healthy correction in a strong bull market, they are in fools paradise and investors could not foresee a resilience in near future.

20. Srouta Mukherjee

I have no cash left. :'(

Don't say things like this. :'(