The best sugar stock to make 10 times in two years. Any guess ?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Rajesh, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Rajesh

Rajesh Member

2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

my thinking is that the most benefit will go to companies with relatively low debt. so increase of sugar price will directly translate into bottomline.
    what is the current price ?

3. Rajesh

Rajesh Member

You are right. Contrary to belief most of sugar companies are debt free. They have inventory more than their debt. Prices are discounting bankruptcy. March quarter will declare most companies debt free. Also some capex will come there to make alcohol. I have two and three baggers in this downtrend too. International sugar price is still concern, these are not going up because of deflation.
    Now be careful to select sugar stocks till international prices recover.

4. Rajesh

Rajesh Member

https://www.nasdaq.com/markets/sugar.aspx

One can monitor international sugar prices here. Our stock market is following these quotes. Sugar stocks are moving as per expectation. Sugar deficit forecast is increased to 5 million tonne from 3.5 by ISO. Sugar stocks bore the onslaught of bears bravely. My portfolio reduced maximum 15% in this bear phase which has recovered now. Thanks to sugar stocks. I think one should exit at opportune time within year as this is commodity business, no secular growth.
    Only Renuka sugar is lagging behind, others are rocking.