1. suresh1982capmkt

suresh1982capmkt New Member

can any one tell me indian stock market books based on indian companies? (Like Warran Buffet intelligent invesotor)

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

There are several good books on investing by Indian authors. Some of them are:

(i) VALUE INVESTING AND BEHAVIORAL FINANCE: INSIGHTS INTO INDIAN STOCK MARKET REALITIES 15 April 2009 by Parag Parikh

(ii) Stocks to Riches: Insights on Investor Behaviour 20 October 2005 by Parag Parikh

(iii) Gurus of Chaos: Modern India's Money Masters 6 October 2014 by Saurabh Mukherjea

(iv) The Little Book of Valuation: How to Value a Company, Pick a Stock and Profit (Little Books. Big Profits) 29 March 2011 by Aswath Damodaran

(v) Basant Maheswari's - The Thoughtful Investor

While the first four books are available on amazon.in and flipkart.com, the last one has to be ordered from https://www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in/

3. jarmoney

jarmoney New Member

Meenakshi, can you add a blurb as to what you liked in each book? THe only one I have is gurus of chaos and honestly there was nothing prescriptive in it.

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

you can also watch ET Now show All About Stocks, especially the ones where G. Chokkalingam gives his views they are very insightful, nuanced and practical about stock market investing and how to build a portfolio.

5. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I have read four books out of the five listed above.

The two books by Parag Parikh offer practical advice on how our emotions play a part in the investing process. The concept of a "sunk cost" is one that I vividly remember, where we hold on to a stock which is showing a loss but are eager to sell a stock where there is a gain. There is also a section which talks of having a "portfolio approach" and of looking at stocks in their entirety so as to not to feel depressed over the few loss-making stocks.

"Gurus of Chaos" is also relevant because experts like Sanjoy Bhattacharyya and other others recount their own experiences in investments. There is much that one can learn from the narration.

"The Thoughtful Investor" provides good insights as to how the strategy of buying "growth stocks" which are at "52 week highs" can actually work.

I have not read Aswath Damodaran's book. Given the credentials of the author, I am certain the book will be very interesting. I intend to read the book soon.

6. saurabh.dwivedi

saurabh.dwivedi Member

1) intelligent investor benjamin graham
    2)quality of earnings thornton o glove
    3)books by peter lynch
    4) security analysis

these are some of the books highly recommended.