Warren buffet buys Apple stock 1Bn $

Discussion in 'Stock Picks Of Wizards' started by w4wealth, May 21, 2016.

1. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

your thoughts

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Experts are saying that it means Apple will become value stock and not growth stock.

One possible conclusion is that Berkshire Hathaway’s appearance on the scene is confirmation that Apple has now passed into a form of corporate seniority much dreaded by the growth-addicted denizens of Silicon Valley. Mr Buffett has always favoured stable, predictable companies that generate plenty of cash, not racy growth bets.

https://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/3c721efe-1dde-11e6-a7bc-ee846770ec15.html#axzz49J2DtKMz

Warren Buffett Stake Suggests Apple Is All Grown Up
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/20/business/buffett-stake-suggests-apple-is-all-grown-up.html?_r=0

3. darth

darth Active Member

Its his money. Has absolute right to do whatever he wants to do with it.

Thankfully the US markets arent influenced by any such ( stock guru) purchases.

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

I do not think Warren Buffet asked anybody to be influenced by him. Is it not a contradiction here. When Carl Hooper sold Apple shares you had a point but Warren Buffet purchased Apple shares you had a counter point. No wonder I was right in ignoring you.

5. darth

darth Active Member

Its no wonder for me that you ignore me. Too hard for you to understand my content. Keep pondering over if there is a contradiction when its about a Warren Buffet vs a Carl Hooper.

Please do me a favour though... Keep me on the exclusion list of your next discussion wherein / when you discuss investment of Warren Buffet vs ( say) Vivian Richards

6. darth

darth Active Member

Ignoring me yet cant help but post a reply. Would some in here call this a form of contradiction?????

7. bholu

bholu Active Member

Well as I wrote I really did not know who was Carl so I took it to be Carl Hooper, the only Carl I knew. Ignoring means not taking your comments seriously, does not mean I not responding. I hope you will not claim ownership to this thread also.

8. darth

darth Active Member

@kharb, would you have included this great Carl Hooper in your school cricket team?
    @newinvestor : didnt i tell you that your post isnt worth two cents for some legendary stock gurus??? Carl still is Carl Hooper for some.

9. darth

darth Active Member

The key is the portion ' Apple has now passed into a form of corporate seniority much dreaded by the growth-addicted denizens of Silicon Valley '.

In the tech world, where "grow or die" is the mantra, this respectable seniority unfortunately could signal irrelevance. BlackBerry didn't fail because it started to make worse smart phones, but because expectations of what a smart phone could be shifted and BlackBerry didn't have the expertise to catch up. There are some who warn that Apple could now be in a similar dangerous position with respect to artificial intelligence, given the investments and strides made by the likes of Amazon, Google, and Facebook who are placing large bets on AI hoping this will become the next thing that our appliance are about.

Some in here tout that the Apple Inc is an investment by Buffet when probably its one made by his managers. And despite this long position, it would be plain and simple stupid ( unfortunately its been on display in here) to presume that the managers have not capped their downside risk recognising the difficult position Apple Inc finds itself in currently.

Apple a Wealth creator - certainly was. But what Apple has achieved in terms of wealth erosion is of epic proportions too.... Mcap down almost 29% or ~$250bln. Its 4 times Enron, ~20% of BSE mcap if i am not wrong, Is the fourth largest ever market value loss among current members of the Standard & Poor's 500 from their all-time highs to now

Apple - quality stock to invest in - well the jury is out on this one - for a Usd 1bln put in by Berkshire doesnt settle the issue in favour of Apple. It hasnt resulted in attracting smart money nor resulted in the stock rallying.

10. sumitra

sumitra Member

11. sumitra

sumitra Member

Had Apple not split its stock, quick math tells us a single share would be worth about $887 Tuesday, making the stock the second most expensive in the S&P 500 behind priceline group with a price tag of $1,160.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.