My portfolio - comments requested

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by niraj dugar, May 22, 2015.

1. niraj dugar

niraj dugar New Member

Hi Guys

Following are my current holdings with the percentage of holding. I am a long term investor. So the holding period is more than 5 years. Request your comments -

Capital first - 9% @avg price of 316
    DCB Bank - 6% @ 112
    Godrej properties - 8% @263
    IFGL - 4% @156
    IPCA labs - 2% @ 643
    NIIT - 7% @42.57
    PFS - 6% @29.9
    PTC - 2% @ 66
    Tech mahindra - 3% holding from satyam days
    Thomas cook - 7% @170
    TCI - 8% @233
    TV today - 12% @205
    Gruh financec - 2% @225
    Repco home - 5% @600
    Selan exploration - 5% @316
    Sun pharma - 1% @943
    Reliance Ind - 1% @890
    Sintex - 2% @111
    USL - 5% @3160

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I think the selection of stocks is good. I can't spot a single stock which is of dubious pedigree. All are well known companies with reputed managements.

There is proper representation of various sectors such as Banks/ NBFC, housing finance, oil and gas, pharma, Info-tech, auto, media, consumer etc.

It appears you are keen on security and stability. This may explain your choice of large caps like Reliance, Sun Pharma etc. However, there is a price to be paid in terms of returns. Perhaps you could consider some mid-cap stocks, which are also of a top-notch quality, which may deliver better returns.

3. niraj dugar

niraj dugar New Member

Hi

Thanks for the response. Could you suggest some mid-caps which are worth a buy now?

4. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I see that you already have a few quality mid-caps in your portfolio such as Repco, CAPF, DCB Bank, IPCA, PFS etc. These have delivered good returns in the past and outperformed the large caps. Why don't you consider increasing the allocation these stocks? TV Today has also taken a big beating. If you are convinced about its future, perhaps you can consider increasing the allocation (though you already have a large allocation of 12%). Some other stocks that you can consider include JB Chem and Dewan Housing.

5. whomiiitr@gmail.com

whomiiitr@gmail.com New Member

I would rather bet on Dish TV than adding more of TV Today. The reason being, though TV Today is highly recommended, somehow I feel the channel does not go along well with Modi govt and that is a big challenge for its growth. Dish TV is all set to report profit this quarter and there is high possibility for it to trade in new territory after that.

6. narayan.pal

narayan.pal Active Member

I have also huge investment in tv today....tas it is highly recommended. ..but I dont watch channels from tv today....is the group is against modi?...plz inform me...in dat case it will b tough to do good business really

7. whomiiitr@gmail.com

TV today is there in my portfolio as 5% holding and it looks to be a promising bet in long term giving the current PE ratio. Its face is AAJ Tak channel which was once named in with connection to AAP so obviously against BJP. Though for a good top management, couple of quarters could be bad but they are destined to bounce back. I am not a buyer or seller in TV today. I am just holding what I have.

8. VALUE INVESTER

VALUE INVESTER New Member

PLS ADD ALSO SOME EMERGING MID/MICRCAP PHARMA COMP. LIKE SUVEN, GRANULES, SMS ETC.

9. niraj dugar

niraj dugar New Member

what about PTC India financials now? I think it is a good time to add now ? what do you guys think?

10. whomiiitr@gmail.com

I am also adding PFS as it posted suppressed profit due to one time provisioning. The topline is still showing growth which is a good sign.