Exchange of bitter words, personal attacks ...

Discussion in 'Announcements And Feedback' started by Meenakshi Razdan, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

There has recently been an exchange of bitter words between two members. It is unfortunate that persons of such seniority, knowledge and wisdom are unable to make their points in a civilized manner and have to resort to personal attacks. This has spoilt the harmony of the forum and detracted from its objectives. It is also a violation of the rules. The posting rights of the both members are hereby suspended.

prateek.kackar and w4wealth like this.
  2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Unfortunate situation but I hope that it will not arise again.There is nothing wrong with difference of opinion,but better we close it after two three posts,if opinion difference still persist.I hope my two friends return soon and we shall be having healthy and dignified discussion.We need not to be prisoner of past and certainly have great future with useful and meaning discussion on stocks with participation of all friends including these two.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

writing comments against a member personally is very bad practice. the members invovled in such communication shud be definitely suspended.
    also if a member is susupended for more than 3 times in a year, that member shud be debarred from forum.
    forum members shud make use of the forum for exchanging their ideas and thoughts, opinions.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I was worried of this and so I was issuing warnings to both but nobody listened. Unnecessary loss caused to community. Such issues should be nip in bud before escalating. Proper moderation should be there and warning issued in beginning is better than such action towards end. If warning was given in time by admin there would have been cooling by members and one member would not have left like that. Anyway, hope after cooling period members will come back and contribute for benefit of all investors.

In valuepickr forum there is special rule on this Code of Conduct - Please avoid personal attacks! and moderators are strict of nip in bud before issues escalates.

Honeybee and kharb like this.
  5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

V. Imp words of wisdom.

Honeybee and w4wealth like this.
  6. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

who will come back to this forum will benefit themselves.
    proper action from admin .
    no one is big no one is small here. all are equal technically and fundamentaly :);)

7. Honeybee

Honeybee New Member

Can "starting of new thread" be moderated at least? I see lot of garbage threads being started in 'stock advisory services' which are not related to that title