Comparison of well-known stock advisory services

Discussion in 'Stock Advisory Services' started by Arjun, Mar 19, 2015.

1. MoneyWorks4ME

MoneyWorks4ME Active Member

No one can predict a Stock's Moment. Everything happens at hindsight. You need to pick up fundamentally sound companies at discount to create wealth.

Sreekumar R likes this.
  2. rakesh0306

rakesh0306 New Member

Thanks MoneyWorks4ME..I think this is what they are also trying say with their grades like 'Excellent/Good' and Potential 'Strong Upside'..attached screenshot taken from the site

Attached Files:

3. Stallion Asset

Stallion Asset New Member

Hello Mr Arjun,

We believe we are most capable of being in your list of top equity advisories in the country. We have established ourselves since 2013 and have been consistently outperforming the market, creating alpha for our clients. Our only goal is to create wealth for our clients.

Regards,
    Stallion Asset.
    www.stallionasset.com
    916 7090 883 / 022- 4003 3944

4. MRTY

MRTY New Member

Nice and direct approach...please publish your performance table here for more authenticity

5. Raj123

Raj123 New Member

Hi Sonia, How has been your experience with Saral Gyan? thanks for starting this useful thread!

6. Vandan M

Vandan M New Member

what is the firm name, can you please share there website details?

7. Vandan M

Vandan M New Member

******* means which firm? please tell the name ..

8. Equity

Equity New Member

Sp tulsian is good.

9. adi16

adi16 Member

Does anyone know how is Ambarish Baliga on MoneyControl dot com. He has yearly fees of 15k.
    Please revert if anyone has any info on this one.

10. Sonia

Sonia Member

Is there someone who could confirm who is the most Ethical stock advisor, from below list?

1. Ride2Rich
    2. Saral Gyan
    3. Prudent Equity
    4. Katalyst Wealth
    5. Alpha Invesco
    6. MoneyLife
    7. Stalwart Advisors
    8. Equity Masters
    9. StockAxis
    10. Vijay Malik

I tell you a little dirty secret, it’s NO one.

Well I have been interacting with many members on this forum and learnt/experienced on many of the stocks recommendations of these advisors, therefore sharing an important review:

Among us there are many who had/are/may subscribe to these Stock advisories, the fees ranges from 10,000- 60,000 per year, they assure to recommend stocks with huge margin of safety and of course for Multibaggar returns like 80%- 200% & for an investment horizon of 1-3yrs.

Sharing few Important cases of their stock recommendations and there are many more:

Sahyadri Industries got recommended today Aug 31, 2017 at Rs 173.45, all members of this advisor bought shares from 185-188. But Sahyadri Industries rally started on Aug 14, 2017 at Rs 131, but what was the advisor doing sleeping or accumulating the shares that he recommended this after 15days? Well that delay was to dump it on his members to make profit of 40+ in less than 15days, Wow!!!.

So whats there for his members? They need to learn to have patience to hold this stock for 2years to achieve gains of 80-100%, if they are lucky.

Alphageo announced on June 7, 2016 that they received order book from ONGC worth Rs. 1482 Crores, stock hit Rs 660 up 32% in two days. But guess at what this price this advisor recommended it?

It Rs 840 and all members bought this stock between Rs 950-1001, so he makes profit of 60%+ in less than 3months on cost of his members. So whats there for his members? They need to learn to have patience to hold this stock for 2years to achieve gains of 80-180%, also they taught to be value investors not traders, since trading area belongs to the advisors, lols.

When they are asked for the delay in recommendation, they have all smart answers, the regular ones are “Oh you know what, the stock was in upper circuit with no volumes” or “ I was awaiting answers to few queries, which I sent to the management” "was waiting for the stock to correct" and many other lame excuses.

The advisor even scares you saying, rule to buy this stock on DAY1 or Day2 or else you are the loser…means you wont be able to buy the stock again at the cheap price and also creates guess the stock to create hype and generate enough energy in members to execute large market orders, this stock is down by -25%.

Some have been so shameless choose to recommend it at Rs 955. What were they doing when the stock started journey from Rs 600. THEY WERE BUSY ACCUMULATING THE STOCK and dumping this for profit .

Virinchi got recommended on Mar 22, 2017 majority of their members bought at Rs 104, and the stock is down by -16%.

Lincoln Pharma got recommended on Feb 28, 2017 majority of their members bought at Rs 245, and the stock is down by -37%.

Another advisor shares free knowledge and encourages retail investors like us to do our own analysis, in turn he would also share his point of view on the stock. On the side conducts investment workshops. He has made his life simple by saying, I Don’t recommend any stocks nor publish research reports. Those interested to know my portfolio pay fees and no further questions, lols.

My suggestion to all learn basic fundamental analysis on stocks and take your own investment decision or follow DII… Dolly Khanna, Ramesh Damani, Vijay Kedia and many more on which price they buy. You will at least save subscription fees.

Hope the above helps innocent retail investors to avoid such advisories.

11. ValueInvestorSav

ValueInvestorSav New Member

I have used the service of some of these advisories and do my own research too (and some picks outside these advisories). They can make mistakes like everyone else. You should treat such advisories like an ideas funnel - get your ideas from there and then do your own research. Never enter on the 1st or 2nd day (similarly don't sell on the 1st or 2nd day) and wait like a patient angler or swing hard when nobody's watching (meaning the price is looking attractive to you based on fundamentals). :)

And just because a stock price is down after recommendation, doesn't mean it will stay that way. To quote Peter Lynch, he once bought a stock at USD 12. It went all the way down to USD 3-4 after he bought. But then it up to USD 25 when he sold. Adopt the value investing approach and timing will not make a difference.

As Mr Buffet, time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre!

Without naming any particular advisory, some in that list are very ethical (and maybe some are not).

Happy investing!

Sonia and Dr Kurian Joseph like this.
  12. Sonia

Sonia Member

@Dr Kurian Joseph you sound more of a sales guy than a doctor, just kidding ;)

You have taken this review personally, this is nothing to do with your advisor. I guess you are only subscribed with prudent equity, therefore aren't aware that the same stocks have been recommended by few more advisors in the above list. Thanks for sharing prudent equity ultra microcaps, i wasnt aware....I hope you don't lose out on your membership ;)

In fact after posting this review an advisor had announced yesterday that he is releasing a stock recommendation today morning. KEI Industries was recommended today Sept 1, 2017 at Rs 255.90, all his members bought this stock from Rs 264-266, so he makes a profit of 23%+ in less than 15 days as he got enough time to accumulate this stock from Rs 215, i.e. from where the rally started. Another lame excuse what advisors give is that, they have several stocks in their watchlist and if stock corrects they will recommend, but guess what all the new stock recommendations are released after 25% - 60% rallies. There is no doubt they make money on heads and even on tails ;)

I have received more 20+ thank you messages for the above review, this was an eye opener to many.

@kharb @Srouta Mukherjee @RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA @SUNNY @Livermore @Mani @Sachin pathak @Long Term @uppu.narayan @bhaskarbora67 @Occasional_visitor @frontier @Abhisavengrow @w4wealth @Shrikant bapat @rockstar1982 @davis ittoop @Alok Rathod @sachin123 @Manish Kumar @Shrikant bapat @Shibi @Kritesh Abhishek @Ravikumar @guru4482 @saashy @PrashantA @tadvai @mscratnesh @Sidd @7cr @shakti khanduri @harish @Ajayyan @sanjib @shakti khanduri @Manmohan Gupta @D Mohan @nayantravels @Rakesh Bhambhani @srinivas997 @vicram_pandit @Definate @Ruchir Joshi @thotapathi @BAKUL RAVAL @vineet @ARUNVIGNESH @Rajendran.S @G_One @CA Amit Todkari @Guru Vachaal @Gautam @wild_hipman @Ruchir Joshi @BombayBoy @Anas @Raman Babu @Manmohan Gupta @ssgeethan @shubham @w4wealth @good stocks @shakti khanduri

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    neo and Dr Kurian Joseph like this.
  13. Sagar Arora

Sagar Arora New Member

I have been with PA Wealth Advisors and their stock picks are superb. They have given me Minda Industries at around 200 and I have bought 8% of my portfolio upon their recommendation and is currently 4X (Rs. 850) from that price.
    Their Research Heads : CA Paras Behl and Abhishek Chawla's profiles are available on twitter. I found them on Twitter. (www.twitter.com/parasbehl7)
    One was Indiabull Ventures @22, I was quite skeptic about that company, so bought only small qty. But now the price went 10x in 15 months. And other one was DHFL @175. Simply Value investing shares. Their subscription cost is also nominal as compared to others.
    Really satisfied with PA Wealth. And one thing I have gained from them is that one has to be patient in stock markets. If you are not having patience or want to run fast, market will tear you apart.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  14. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

"Their subscription cost is also
    nominal as compared to others"
    Dear sagar arora what could be the subscription fee...

15. Harish Setia

Harish Setia New Member

I have also subscribed PA Wealth.
    Cost for 1 year is around 16000 and
    for Year 2020 plan is approx 40-43k.

16. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

Thanks Haish ji

Harish Setia likes this.
  17. sushil tandey

sushil tandey New Member

Hi Sonia,

As far as I know any advisory service cannot recommend any stock in which they have traded in last 1 Month and also cannot buy it within 5 days of recommendation. Then how will they make the above profits which you have mentioned.

This means that they are recommending within 1 month of buying?

https://www.blog.sanasecurities.com/sebi-regulations-for-investment-advisers-and-research-analysts/

18. Sonia

Sonia Member

Rules are meant to be broken, these advisors may not necessarily own the share on their own name, they have either registered Private limited or LLP companies or even third persons for these purposes. Sooner or later once their done with their objective, they move into managing PMS.

neo likes this.
  19. Warren Buffet Jr.

Warren Buffet Jr. Member

Well StockAxis seems to be a legit one! As far as I know they are pretty old and they seem to have a good track record!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  20. vjourn

vjourn New Member

Hi Arjun,

I subscribed to the services of Stallion asset in March 2017 after a lot of deliberation. In fact,I was in dilemma whether to hire prudent equity, stalwart advisors or Stallion asset and sandeep sabbharwal. I contacted each of them. Out of these 4 only stallion asset's Amit Jeswani talked to me at length and explained his investment philosophy and how he generates wealth for investors(and not traders). It was a big thing, otherwise who talks to a normal retail investor with little corpus. I am a simple common man and wanted to invest something modest amount every month to create a long-term wealth.

After talking to them, I finally decided to go with them. In spite of that I was still insecure and was very much cautious. However, After 6 months I am an extremely happy man. First time in my life I started making money and he also made me change the way I used to think about stock market. I started thinking long-term. In the last 5-6 months, he gave some recommendations and they performed really well and their past recommendations too have created wealth. This guy is young and humble and the best thing is he is always ready to help you.

The best part is that there is a query desk where you can ask any question related to any other stock and he gives a detailed information so you have option to invest beyond his universe of selected stocks. And believe me it's even far helpful than his recommendation. Recently, 5-6 months ago, I asked an opinion related to small cap infrastructure company and it doubled from there. He gives a lot of inside information and insights about different companies and does not marry a stock, if it fails to palyout according to his investment theme.

So I am all praise to him. That does not mean other advisors are not good. All of the names I mentioned are highly reputed. and are good. But I can only say about myself and my experience. Ethics, integrity and honesty should also be part of a good advisory. But I would say they are very good for a retail investor like me.

I am in no way connected to stallion asset except subscribe advisor relationship. I work as a content strategist in a IT firm in Noida. I am writing this to share my experience with all other people who are undecided. Hope this helps.

Shivek gupta, neo, Daniella and 3 others like this.