Somebody has predicted that PM Modi will continue in power for next 20 years.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by w4wealth, Sep 24, 2016.

1. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

What you people think? is that possible? if that happens what will india look like?

2. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

3. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Huwe naamwar be-nishaan kaise kaise... Zameen kha gai naujawaan kaise kaise

First of all I want to say that I like the way Modi works.

Now coming to your question.

You will agree that the political environment & techniques have completely changed. With the digital revolution, even a common man is understanding & participating in politics. I strongly doubt that going forward, not just Mr. Modi but anyone can remain in power or majority for more than 5 years. You can feel or will shortly observe in coming years that now even public enjoys to rotate the political leaders. Public wants quick fixes and nobody has that magic.

I personally feel that next PM should be Arvind Kejriwal and then after 5 years Congress should come into power and then again BJP. Would love to know if any other strong/ honest political party gets formed in India. It will intensify the political competition and be beneficial for people like you & me. These political goons will have fear to lose the contest. Trust me, nobody is going to sell our country to the foreigners and nobody is going to ease your personal family life. You make money in the share market because India's businesses are growing. Hero & Infosys have grown multiple times even when Congress was in Power and will continue to grow even if Lalu Yadav comes in power.

It will be a disaster if any political person stays in power for long. Friend, don't get emotionally attached to any political person because even they are not attached to us in that particular manner. Mr. Ramjeth Malani says correctly that "Democracy is a swimming pool, if you don't change water periodically, it becomes a cesspool"

Ajayyan likes this.
  4. w4wealth

but there can be exceptions guruji. not all leaders are equal and fit for the job. If the right one stays in power for 20 years thats good for country as a whole.

5. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Friend, how will you know that who is right for you and who is not right ? If we think practically, we don't even know whether our own brothers/ sisters are going to be fair with us or not. We know about political leaders through media and media is sold-out. Neither we know them nor we have talked to them. So how do we believe them ? This is just like a poor man living in India who has never stepped outside of his own city but still saying confidently that America's weather is so wonderful. Political stories are all cooked up & speeches are scripted. Earlier it was Nehru, Gandhi and now it is Modi Kejriwal etc.

Will you not agree that we investors don't put our money in a single stock even if the stock is 100% right for us. All wires of Stock Markets and Political games are connected to the mass psychology and these guys are experts of handling that thing. Modi hype had gone up like a sky rocket and it had to come down. In fact it is coming down. Just like a stock investor, always have mixed opinions and keep a replacement leader in your mind.

Conclusion:- Smart Investors have made big money because of their own intelligence even during well known corrupt leaderships and will continue to make huge money no matter who is the PM. Don't think too much about 20 years. Just review your portfolio, have expertise in reading the balance sheets, gather knowledge about your individual stocks, if required then just trim your bad stocks and yes forget about the politicians & love your family.

Ajayyan, Mukund and w4wealth like this.
  6. Mukund

Mukund New Member

Very true Guruji

7. Mukund

Mukund New Member

Very true Guruji

8. w4wealth

singapore had same president for 20 years. and where they reached today

9. rushia

rushia Member

The most insightful quote on politics: Lord Acton- Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Competition is what makes the difference between developed countries and India.

10. saturn

saturn Member

Instead each Indian should answe "How would He/She like to see India after twenty years" and should (i) do his bit towards the aspirations.But maybe this is too much to expect when most Indians remain self centred only looking to further their personal interests (wealth) most time at the cost of the nation (2) remember (a) if voting changed anything,they'd make it illegal (b) nation building means timely action and affirmation on a constructive mode and not whiling away the time via debate and discussions only (c) someone once said "show me the heroes that the youth of your country look up to, and I will tell you the future of your country"

11. saturn

saturn Member

An American visited India and went back to America where he met his Indian friend who asked him how did you find my Country.

The American said it is a great country with solid ancient history amd immensely rich with natural resources.

The Indian friend then asked - How did you find Indians?

Indians???? Which Indians?? I didnt find or meet a single Indian there in India retorted the American

What nonsense... Who else could you meet in India then?

The American replied
    - In Kashmir, I met a Kashmiri
    - In Punjab, a Punjabi
    - In Bihar, a Bihari
    - In Karnataka, a Kannadiga
    - In Marashtra, a Marathi
    - In Tamil Nadu, a Tamilian etc etc

Then I met
    A Hindu
    A Muslim
    A Sikh
    A Christian
    A Jain
    A Buddhist

And then a lot of Jats (burning vehicles, vandalising public property, blocking roads and railways, paralysing whole country demanding "quota" in govt jobs under the garb of upliftment. And I understood there are many more already enjoying and/or similarly demanding quotas. I learnt that quota means life long salary without doing any work. Hence in great demand by all sect and exploited by self seeking politicians

And then a few (Indian??) students ranting anti-India slogans (which no other country would tolerate) and glorifying known and acknowledged terrorists

And many many more......
    But not a single Indian did I meet..... EXCEPT

The Indian Army
    The Indian Navy and
    The Indian Airforce

The only identifiable entity (as Indian)

Is the day not far when indeed we would become a collection of polarized states as some Regional and Parochial anti national politicians want - I suppose a corrupt national politician is much better than any anti-national politician.

Couldnt help post this... was watching TV and the breaking news that the Govt has called a review meeting on the Indus Water Treaty, and when asked what would we do with the excess water (in case we turn off the tap), one thinker raised that Punjab (politicians in suppose) would rather let the water
    flow
    to Pakistan but they will not want Haryana to have a share of it. Dont even want to get into the other ongoing water war in South India

12. vij

vij Member

20 more years as PM? Dont forget he is 66 years old. So, probably not.