Mangalam Drungs

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by ashkot, Apr 8, 2015.

1. ashkot

ashkot New Member

Mangalam Drugs looks interesting to me with its low P/E (<6) and P/B (~1.7) ratios, and Q-on-Q growth. However, the debt and high percentage of pledged shares are a matter of concern. Do you think this is a turnaround story in the making? Would you want to have this stock in your portfolio?

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Well, I had a quick look and am not feeling very enthusiastic. The growth appears to have stagnated over the past five years. Also, the average ROE is quite low at about 13%. Also, as you have pointed out, nearly 99% of the promoters holding is pledged. So, it appears to be a risky proposition.

3. ashkot

ashkot New Member

Re: Mangalam Drugs

I read somewhere that the promoters are increasing their share by buying from open market. Would this be a good sign for the scrip?

4. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Generally speaking, the fact that the promoters are buying is a positive sign. That, coupled with other factors, can give a hint the fortunes of the company may be about to change.

5. Anita

Anita Member

SHP Rating is only 21 out of 100 hence Eqaxscore is only 26 out of 100 which very poor.
    The SHP Rating measures how healthy is shareholding pattern of the company. Too high pledging, very less promoter shareholding, reduction in promoter shareholding reduce the SHP rating.

6. n pal

n pal New Member

Mangalam Drugs & Organics rocking even in a free fall market....yesterday it hit its life time high and closed at 18% up....Co. is turning around....posted very good result....mouth watering valuation...Some big announcement is going to happen any day regarding getting approval from WHO for some Aids and malaria molecules....what else r u looking for? ...i am convinced....waiting for other's view too..

Co.'s last 5 years result link...
    https://www.moneycontrol.com/financials/mangalamdrugsorganics/results/yearly/MDO#MDO

Management's comment on approval from WHO for some Aids and malaria molecules link
    https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/aim-for-20-revenue-growthfy16-mangalam-drugs-organic_1388409.html

7. Raviprakash

Raviprakash New Member

mangalam drug at 69/- . Is it best buy at this price

8. Dreamer1214

Dreamer1214 Member

Can we buy this for longterm at this price persay 5-10 years period

9. narayan.pal

narayan.pal Active Member

As turn around story, buy in small quantities n keep close watch in next few quarter's result...if continue to post good result , accumulate gradually...the stock is still very very cheap...

Rajesh and Raviprakash like this.
  10. Raviprakash

Raviprakash New Member

Thank you sir.

11. Dreamer1214

Dreamer1214 Member

12. Anita

Anita Member

SHP is not good.

13. yesh1683

yesh1683 New Member

Any views,, frm last 4 sessions its falling and reaching lower circuit limits.. i had purchased 100shares at 53.. man now i m not able to sell it.. even placed order in preopen market at lower circuit limit price and even at market price i m not not able to sell it.. looks like a pump and dump stock... thank god i only purchased 100shares

14. stockWisdom

stockWisdom Member

Please do not try to find the 'Hidden Gems'. Buy Sun Pharma, Lupin, Aurobimdo, Cipla. I will not even buy Granules.

15. pradip

pradip Member

@n pal
    I found your words quite interesting !

Warren B once said - when you buy the stock, you actually buy the company. So when you buy stock, just think if you are comfortable putting all your money buying the whole company ?

'Good' or 'Bad' results are not defined based on one or two quarters..Its defined based on last 5-10 years of performance. I hope you have looked into this much of history ?

Also, when the price is rising and you buy hoping it will rise further..or when the price is falling and you sell hoping it to fall further..this is a perfect recipe to lose your money..

Also, investment is not based based on anticipations that this news or that news will soon happen. Its made based on convictions. And convictions are made based on fact.

stockguru likes this.
  16. Dreamer1214

Dreamer1214 Member

pradip likes this.
  17. Biju

Biju Member

Mangalam is keep on going LC