coal india , BHEL , ONGC

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by malathi, Apr 22, 2017.

1. malathi

malathi New Member

With great hopes that they are Navaratna PSU companies i purchased them 3 years back . but all of them are at more than 50% loss. will they raise ? will there be any improvement ? beacuse of these companies my portfolio is always in red . pls suggest what i should do

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

As a rule I never invest in PSU ,Metals, commodities, utilities , airlines and I am happy with this..For more to see various investers portfolio in this form ,see thread with name _Volunteerly disclosure of investers portfolio.If I had been in this postion of trapped in such stocks I would have exited in parts on every bounce back in trapped stocks to minimise losses in two years time frame.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Stocks are blue chip and giving high dividend yield. Before counting loss, reduce dividend received and then loss will be reduced.

Good idea is to average if correction is there in deep manner. Because stocks are blue chip, the capital is safe and dividend is also there regularly.

I also avoid commodity and PSU stocks. Better go for private banks (Federal Bank, CUB, Karnataka Bank) or HFC (DHFL, Repco, PNB Housing). Under GST even logistics stocks will do well like TCI Express, TCI and other stock.

4. Rajendran.S

Rajendran.S New Member

Always avoid PSU including banks, I also lost some money by investing the PSU companies,just an example, in 2014 the Government made a policy change in pricing the natural gas and now in this quarter ONGC is in huge loss due to this foolish decision taken by the Government, After all it is some bureaucrats with vested interests are taking decisions, ministers are only politicians ignorant about business, so always keep off from PSUs , it is my experience

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% Agreed. These are bogus stocks for investment. Better buy midcap stocks like TCI, TCI Express, JB Chem, DHFL, PNB Housing etc.

6. G_One

G_One Member

Srouta Jee, is JB Chem a value buy anymore? They are not growing at a good pace is what I feel and I see the growth stagnating. Planning to exit my holdings and switch to something else.

Cheers
    G1

7. Rajendran.S

Rajendran.S New Member

Thank you sir. Rajendran.S

8. ssgeethan

ssgeethan Member

BHEL is a dud stock now ... When ever you see slight up-moves sell them off in chunks.

Coal India & ONGC are good ones, hence can be on hold for some time. You surely have chances of recovery. As rightly said by Srouta, they are high dividend yielding stocks as well.