Capital gains on shares received on zero cost consequent to demerger etc

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by starry_eyes, Jun 26, 2017.

1. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

@RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA - the captioned subject was raised as a query to you as a profile post and you have been kind enough to clarify.

A further request to you is can you further explain with the help of some numerical examples please

Thanks and regards

2. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

@starry_eyes
    actually i am a full time trader and Investor , so i sold all my stocks on or before march 31 every year in my trading account , i am having 2 broking accounts , one is using for trading purpose and another is using for Investment
    at the end of year i will give trading details to my chartered Accountant , he calculated " Business income and speculative income and file my IT Returns .....
    Year on Year tax slabs and Taxable items may change , so if you have any doubts better ask your Chartered Accountant , he will give full clarity on this subject .....

3. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Ya maybe it's better I ask my CA. Was hoping you could further clarify your response on the profile post.