Reliance Capital

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Reliance Capital to treble lending to SMEs, consumers to Rs 50,000 crore

Reliance Capital on Friday said it will treble its lending book towards small and medium enterprises as well as consumer finance to Rs 50,000 crore in the next three years.

In a layout of company's growth strategy for the next three years in a analyst concall, Reliance Capital said it also aims to expand the housing finance asset under management (AUM) to Rs 50,000 crore in three years.

The company said it will leverage technology and digital platform in a big manner for an accelerated growth in lending business and simultaneously focus on under-served tier 2 and 3 towns and cities for achieving targeted growth in the lending business.

"Reliance Capital is going to unlock significant value by listing three subsidiaries -- AMC, General Insurance and Housing Finance in the current financial year," RCap CFO Amit Bapna said.

Company CEO Ashish Vohra said, "Clear turnaround has been achieved in the operations in Q1 2017-18. There is a sharp improvement across all key performance indicators including new business and persistency."

"We also plan to expand our distribution network through merger and acquisition opportunities with PSU banks owned life companies," Vohra added.

The company reported a 15 per cent rise in consolidated net profit at Rs 238 crore in the first quarter ended June 30, 2017 against Rs 207 crore a year ago.

https://www.zeebiz.com/companies/ne...ing-to-smes-consumers-to-rs-50000-crore-19950

kharb likes this.
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

This is very imp news :)

shakti khanduri likes this.
  3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Re Capital is at Fresh 52 week high.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    om sangani likes this.
  4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I dont have figures but I think present market cap of Aditya Birla Capital is higher than Rel Capital ,either Aditya Birla Capital is over priced or Rel Capital is grossly Underpriced .No doubt Aditya Birla Capital is good company and can be added on corrections but its listing at higher levels may speed up Rel Capital upper Journey .L&T Fin holding also look good for long term.No recommendation but only view for discussion.

Ravikumar likes this.
  5. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

I agree with you Kharb on the Reliance Capital and L&T Finance.....I hold L&T Finance now for very long term....Entered Reliance Capital recently and it is undervalued....lot of value unlocking left.

kharb likes this.
  6. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Reliance Capital demerger today.....still Reliance Capital is strong and rocking today. Lot of value unlocking left.

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Rel Capital is down 69 rupess to adjust for Rel Home Fin demerger.But dont be misguided that Rel home fin will list around 69,in my view stock should list substantially higher then this adjustment. So Rel Capital share holder will gain substantially at the time of listing of Rel Home Fin.

shakti khanduri likes this.
  8. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

down 69/- today and can you also throw some light on how much did it fall yesterday i.e. 4th september

9. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Reliance Home Finance will list between 86 to 114 which is PE of 3 to 4.5. Let's see in the coming days.

10. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Sorry it is P/B value of 3 to 4 and not P/E value....it is a typo in my previous post.

11. wild_hipman

Yes heard this on CNBC the other day. View expressed by an analyst from Investec Capital Services

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Reduced Rel Capital by selling 40% of my holding in Rel Capital
    to reduce residual holding cost to negligible .

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  13. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

One query? If Rel Cap is your full conviction pick, then why reduce exposure? Other veterans like you increase exposure in similar situation.Why deploy money elsewhere if conviction level in the present scrip is intact?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Recently lot of more new companies in financial sector has been listed (Aditya Birla Capital) and some insurance companies are in process of IPO and may be listed soon.My portfolio is already skewed towards financial sector .If I have to participate in new companies which are over priced as of now but are long term secular stories of this sector then I have to rebalance with in financial sector .

Victor likes this.
  15. wild_hipman

@kharb
    Strange strategy........ Exiting out of a long term secular GROWTH AND UNDERVALUED to buy currently OVERVALUED but long term secular stocks

Can you throw in some rationale into this strategy of yours

@shakti khanduri

Many a times my questions are conveniently ignored by the addressees. You are most welcome to enlighten me about your understanding.

16. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Reliance Home Finance got listed at 109 and locked in UC. Cheers to all. Patience paid in Reliance Capital. And still lot to come in this one.

kharb likes this.
  17. wild_hipman

How can it list at 109/- and be locked in UC when latest price is also 109/-?

18. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

19. wild_hipman

20. wild_hipman

@kharb

Just FYI. This is your post of 21 september