Please guide me ,can I invest in Gennex labs@ 2.28 rs and CG VAK @25 rs software?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Ram Bhat, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Ram Bhat

Ram Bhat New Member

Please guide me in this two stocks growth and potential.

2. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Could you please share with us what amazing things you found in these two companies that is tempting you to make an investment in the same?

3. Ram Bhat

Ram Bhat New Member

Thanks for reply. I heard Gennex labs going for exapnsion,and CG Vak i found intresting because of its small equity about 50 lakhs share.

4. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

I mean look at these companies. Quite frankly if you want to gamble with your money you can go ahead, You can make money or you can lose money depending on your luck and solely on your luck because I can't find one good thing about either of the company. If you are serious about investing I will advice you to look at better companies with well known managements

Meenakshi Razdan likes this.
  5. Ram Bhat

Ram Bhat New Member

Ok sir.Thank you.I was just going through this two companies.just posted a query.:) Any good company which i can invest for 3-5 years of time..? please guide me.

6. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

It is better to post a query than to invest and take a loss. The thing about these companies is one in ten or one in twenty might rise but which one may rise you never know. It's a pure gamble. Regarding the companies for investment there are many nice companies with fine managements which one can buy. Just go through research reports of the companies that many brokerages and analyst publish. That contains tons of information about the companies and their business. Do read and research them and take a call accordingly.

roopakumar likes this.
  7. Ram Bhat

Ram Bhat New Member

ok.thank you stock guru.

8. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Happy Investing :)

9. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

This caution by @stockguru is very sensible indeed.

My sincere advice is that you should avoid trying to pick stocks on your own at this stage of your investing career. Instead, you may consider a well-performing equity mutual fund and start a SIP in it. Alternatively, you may pick a Model portfolio prepared by a reputed brokerage and clone it.

Trying to pick stocks on your own will attract you to dubious and risky stocks. You are likely to lose money and have a bad experience.

Arjun and stockguru like this.
  10. Ram Bhat

Ram Bhat New Member

Thank you Meenakshi Razdan for value advise .:)

11. Anita

Anita Member

Better to invest in best stocks..!

pradip likes this.
  12. pradip

pradip Member

So, which stocks do you consider to be the best ?

13. Anita

Anita Member

@pradip
    Stocks which are fundamentally strong,good Turnover,good SHP,Growth,size.
    Gennex Laboratories has a low eqaxscore only 32out of 100.
    Pledging of Promoters is high so SHP Rating bcomes 10 only. Turnover Rating bcomes 37 only.
    So it may not be a good investment according to me.

14. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

Mr.Ram Bhat , why dont you invest on companies which are the leaders of a particular industry or atleast having a significant market share . According to Peter lynch , there are many companies which you use in day to day life . If you do not know much about stock market , let me give you few examples . Lets say you buy a company with a significant market share of a particular industry . And you buy another company which is not a leader and is a penny company . No one knows whether it can become big or not !! Since you dont read annual reports or not having much knowledge about financial and those kinda stuffs , i would suggest you to pick companies which you buy products everyday such as future retail - which runs big bazar ( This is just a example ) . Even though you dont need annual reports ,if a shop is getting closed you can know that this business is lacking and get out of that company easily . But if you are investing in penny company which you dont know anything whether they exist or not ( Particularly in India - Lots of fake companies try to take the shareholders money - Even if you go and run a case again them in court ,,it takes years ) So the better way i would suggest is try to invest on companies which you see in day to day life or the product which you love to buy . You dont need finiancials or annual reports . You can diversify . Try to pick 10 companies like that and you can see how they perform . But dont go for blue chip companies ,since you can see them everyday . Try to pick companies which you see new today !!!! That means the company exist truely and grabbing customer attention by doing great marketing !!!! It can be channels , dresses ,slippers , food items , retail stores , anything !!! Try to look deeper each and every product you use !!!

15. abhishek1984abhishek

abhishek1984abhishek New Member

To add to Investor2008's thought - With a huge young population - educated, computer & internet savvy , thrust on IT by GoI, and the way internet has become part of daily life - which product do you think is going to be a household need - its WIFI Routers - The leader there is D-Link - my sure-shot pick !! D-link can create massive wealth in next 10 years , even if it just continue doing what its doing currently & keep updating its products in line with changing technology. If they expand to other related products, that will be bonus. Happy investing !!

16. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Whoa. I was thinking exactly the same in case of D-Link some months back, even had it in my watchlist. Waited for it to come down to lower levels but it didnt. And now it is already at 190 kind of levels. Missed it. :(

17. vijay.share

vijay.share New Member

next big thing is coming up in renewable energy sector. state and central government is giving subsidy.around 2017 tariff of power generated from solar power will become equal to tariff of power from conventional sources. after that there will be boom in solar power. upto 2022 central govt. has setup the target of 100000MW FROM SOLAR POWER. we can look for company in the manufacturing of solar panel and finance company which are financing solar project. one such finance company is PFS. its seventy percent loan is in renewable energy. it has corrected around 40 % from its peak.also in smart city project much emphasis is given on solar energy for electricity needs. i am seeing massive revenue generation by the company operating in this sector.please give your view and suggest the name of some good company.

18. satyak

satyak New Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  19. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

d-link is not retaining and investing the profits properly . the management is more keen on dividends.when you see their ratios the company just retained 48% and remaining was paid as dividends . i don't invest on companies who is not more keen on investing the profits ,instead eating investors capital in the way of dividends . i would better wait and see how they perform in next 2 years instead of investing right now. regarding the valuation right now its selling around 20x EBITA . if you are investing at this price then you are earning just 5% yield . better wait for good valuation .