1. Manmohan Gupta

Manmohan Gupta Member

2. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

Final call is always yours. As informed self have bought castrol india at present price.

3. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

Investing does not work on consensus.It should be made on one's own style of investing and one's own conviction. In my view, it is more rewarding when it is conviction based contrarian bet if it suites one's personality.Only difficulty in case of contrarian position is it TESTS one's patience , hence some gurus have suggested timeliness to avoid being too early.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    wild_hipman and Rajneesh like this.
  4. shakti khanduri

On relook., I am not convinced about Triple Bottom formation.I see the probablity of further downfall.

5. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

I am happy to buy it
    Like I said before, it could go down to 330 or thereabouts but acquiring can start in parts from now. That's my approach.

shakti khanduri likes this.
  6. shakti khanduri

Seasoned approach,born of very rich winning experience!!.

7. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

Game is to increase probability of winning if it goes down will buy more.....cant catch the exact bottom....all the best to all...

wild_hipman and pksbravo like this.
  8. wild_hipman

@Rajneesh, any other similar stocks?

9. shakti khanduri

I intend to do the opposite. I will prefer to buy in strength,not in weakness. To my mind that is faster approach to compounding the capital.

10. shakti khanduri

• @Rajneesh - With due regard, to my mind your strategy is more suitable for buy and forget investing .I can always be wrong,please take no offense.Please, correct me.

11. wild_hipman

With an inherent risk of faster erosion of capital as well. Is Bombay Dyeing showing strength the last few days/weeks? Would you buy it based on the strength shown?

12. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

Yes
    Yes i buy for very long term. But I have found that buying good companies in weakness is rewarding. Self bought DCB Bk, ceat , Ifgl refractory and few others during crash and they all gave a good return. But a garbage company is to be avoided during strength as well as during weakness.

13. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

I am accumulating Amaraja battery but it is at inflection point technically so can move either side. Fundamental is good. But again buy and forget strategy .

14. shakti khanduri

@Rajneesh
    Yes sir, if it is bought around 225, the probablity is it will give good return. Stock price rises on increased demand which is created by positive perception of investors .The very fact stock is rising indicates that stock is in demand.My view is if one rides positive trend in demand , we can make faster compounding of wealth. This strategy is not buy and hold strategy, it is riding the uptrend as long as it lasts.This strategy is being followed by many fund managers including Basant Maheshwari.

15. shakti khanduri

I have also followed your strategy with good returns. But buy and hold strategy( of course o f quality stocks) faces many period of consolidation which slows down compounding of capital.In my opinion, for core holdings buy and hold strategy is ideal and for building capital through short term positions riding the strength appeals to me.

16. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

True but
    True but technical analysis reduces the possibility ...
    At least a little bit ... as I said it's probability game. We all know castrol have good fundamental. Technically it has corrected more than 61.8 % .VIX is close to lifetime high.. PE is at 10yr average . Last qtr was average due to GET and demon. I has exceeded time correction to catch up with earnings. Rest is luck.....

17. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

Pls read as GST and it has

18. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

All said and done it can very well go down from here.....have done my part rest is left to luck....pls invest as per your appetite

19. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

Riding t
    Riding the trend is the best thing to do but the problem is finding out when the trend will start or reverse self have used various technical tool to find it out but didn't got much success. Few people follow fund managers stocks but there is one thing to note that they have huge fund to invest and even rig the stock. Equity intelligence PMS bought a shipping stock few year Bk it sky rocketed and then crashed question is if the fundamental was good why it came Bk to 100 from 600 and same story was with Kiltex garments. Whereas people holding on to Avanti feeds..Vinati organics and various other stocks have made huge gains.

20. Rajneesh

Rajneesh Member

Just to justify I was holding few shares of MRF and EICHER Motors before 2008 crash after crash I stopped looking at my portfolio and even delinked it for almost 6 yrs and we all know what is the present rate of these companies . Just by chance I made good profit. During that time I use to do speculative trading without knowledge . These two companies have me huge profit cos they were good. There were other companies as well like teledata bought at 80rs it crashed to 20p and got de listed. Hope i
    All will get the point...

pksbravo likes this.