Equitymaster stock tips review - Yours opinion please

Discussion in 'Stock Advisory Services' started by barnali, Jun 23, 2015.

1. barnali

barnali New Member

I used to receive several emails almost every day from equitymaster for their various stock tips service..It seems they are quite popular..There are mixed reviews across internet..

Any existing subscribers of equitymaster can share their experience here..It will be helpful to take decision..

2. Kumar

Kumar Member

Here is my honest opinion on stock advisory services with pros and cons. This has a coverage on Equity Master also. Copy and pasting a snapshot of my opinion that I have posted in another thread -

Gold Standard :

Prudent Equity

Pros : (a) Has found 25-30 multibaggers before everyone else
    (b) Consistent good performance in all types of market conditions
    (c) 19 years experience in stock market with very good knowledge
    (d) SEBI registered research analyst

Cons : (a) one dud stock for every 20 good recommendations

Silver Standard :

Equity Master

Pros : (a) Focus on valuations
    (b) 20 years experience in stock market with very good knowledge

Cons : (a) Mixed performance. Most stocks do average
    (b) Too many subscribers. Unable to get stock when recommended
    (c) Recommends stocks when they are not even in the recommended range
    (d) After you subscribe, they will start another set of service to get more money

Bronze Standard :

Stock Axis

Pros : (a) Some stocks have really done well

Cons : (a) Overall performance just average
    (b) Not registered with SEBI yet
    (c) Displays on website only stocks with good performance and hides bad ones
    (d) Recently some recommendations in losses
    (e) Very expensive compared to returns
    (f) Recently started to copy from others

Sandip Sabharwal

Pros : (a) Wide experience in the stock market
    (b) SEBI registered research analyst

Cons : (a) Past performance in running mutual funds just average
    (b) SEBI enquiry pending against him

Don't Touch :

HBJ Capital & **********

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  3. bhanu

bhanu New Member

HBJ Capital is cheating investors by luring them with hefty promises and investors incur loss on thier recommendations. i am also a sufferer and complained to SEBI

4. PrimeOne

PrimeOne New Member

HBJ, I have had a personal experience with. They tried hard to make me pay up money immediately in my meeting with them while saying that the returns would be as per their promise. They kept urging me to enrol even as I asked them to give time which I genuinely needed to arrange finances.

This urgency and force in making me enrol did not make me feel comfortable. So I chose to read reviews on the net and talk to people already into stocks. Did not get good feedback and I gave up the idea of going ahead with them.

But why **********? Seems like they have a pretty transparent trial system as well for which I have enrolled. Seems genuine. The trial gives you access to all recommendations till date and you can see the returns on each of their recommendation. As far as I know, not many give such an option. Also, they do not promise the sky.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  5. Kumar

Kumar Member

**** is registered as paid member in all stock advisories in different names and copies some of their practices and stocks. **** registered at a competitor recently and was double checking his own recommendations by inquiring with them and copying some of theirs. Was caught that lead to a confession from him. You can read all about it by going to section devoted to this advisory.

Anyway, Please discuss about Equity Master for which this thread has been started. For others there are separate threads.

6. PrimeOne

PrimeOne New Member

Oh, that's a little disappointing because of what I have already mentioned above, seemed transparent and had a good past performance.

About equitymaster, what did you mean by "Unable to get stock when recommended".

7. Kumar

Kumar Member

Equity master recommends even if the price is not at that level. If stock price is 250 they will recommend at 250 and say that when it comes to 200 only then you can buy. Whats this?

8. PrimeOne

PrimeOne New Member

Ok, so they expect a correction and that never happens.

It does make a difference to the buyer if the holding period is intended to be short. If its for an year or more when the idea is to make 100% or more, the impact is lesser.

9. barnali

barnali New Member

Edited by Moderator To remove names of stocks. Please do not post names of stocks recommended by paid stock advisory services as it is unethical and contrary to the terms and conditions of the service

I just registered for Equitymasters hidden secret...It's unbelievable but true there recent recommendations like .......... all are recommended much earlier by **********..!! Is it the experience of 20 years as equitymaster mention??? If one say ********** as copy-paste then what to say to Equitymaster???

Other recent recommendation of Equitymaster like ....... is down by 60% in 2 months..!! Oh my God..!! Another one ...... is very well-known..@Kumar, your comparison is totally wrong..Is it the prove of 20 years experience with good knowledge of Equitymaster??

Equitymaster is there since 1996, but the analysts working there might have little experience and knowledge..There analysts are not surely associated from the beginning...

********** is much better and transparent, at least they offer 4 months trial to judge their service..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  10. Shrikant Rane

Shrikant Rane Member

The only solution to these things is to register at the original source i.e. prudentequity.com from where this recommendation chain is starting. Why buy at 70-80% higher by paying others when you can get them cheaper? I did the right thing by subscribing to Prudentequity.

Mr Yogi likes this.
  11. Kumar

Kumar Member

That's correct Shrikant. Initially all these stocks recommended at very cheap prices at Prudent Equity. By the way, we are diverting by discussing others at Equity Master thread. Please guys don't put other services comments here. Post them in respective threads.

Mr Yogi likes this.
  12. barnali

barnali New Member

I am getting too many emails from equitymaster to join various other services....As mentioned above experience with Equitymaster Hidden Treasure is bad..It seems although equitymaster is very old company, but their analysts have little experience..

Anyone experience any other offering from equitymaster?

13. Aakshaye

Aakshaye New trader on board!

I have recently joined their premium service - Alpha trader which is their currency and commodity derivatives trading service by Asad Dossani on weekly basis. It is a very premium service which is open once in a year and they take very limited members. Costs 100,000/- a year. Will keep you guys posted on the performance on a monthly basis.

14. barnali

barnali New Member

Any idea how to get invitation for joining over there? Is the subscription open till now?

15. Aakshaye

Aakshaye New trader on board!

It may be open, you can contact them and they will reply you back. Although, they take couple of days to reply.

16. barnali

barnali New Member

Any update on Alpha Trader?

17. SONAL RAMACHANDRAN

SONAL RAMACHANDRAN New Member

Hello,

We refer to your above post wherein you have published Equitymaster paid recommendations. Please note Equitymaster research reports are paid and are available only to its subscribers. The reports are copyrighted and protected by IPR laws. Posting our recommendation on a public forum is a gross violation of Equitymaster copyright and abuse of message blog service.

We hereby call upon you to delete this post and to not post any other Equitymaster recommendations on this or any other platform or forum. We also hereby call upon the moderators of this Forum to immediately take appropriate action.

thanking you,
    yours sincerely,

Sonal Ramachandran
    Compliance Officer - Equitymaster Agora Research Private Limited

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  18. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Edited To remove names of stocks. Please do not post names of stocks recommended by paid stock advisory services as it is unethical and contrary to the terms and conditions of the service. Please also do not request for "fee sharing" as it is also an unethical practice.

19. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Sonal Ramchanderan , I do agree that Mr barnali should not have referred to Equity master name in recommendations ethicaly ,legally or otherwise,but pl don't confuse yourself and others that any stock recommended by Equitymaster or any body can not be recommended or posted by any body else later on.Pl correct this statement .You better read IPR.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  20. Samiran Chakrabarty

Samiran Chakrabarty New Member

In various post the intention of Mr Kumar is humiliating one of the finest stock advisory services.This is evident that he either faces huge losses from this stock advisory services(which is impossible in reality) or he is the loved one of another particular stock advisory services for whome he always shouts.