Contrasting Approaches to Stocks – AK47 v/s Sniper Rifle

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Anita, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Anita

Anita Member

You may wonder what is a discussion on guns doing on a financial blog (and that too in the first post[​IMG]) and how is it linked to stock markets. But it does make an interesting analogy.

As we all know, an AK47 shoots a lot of bullets in a short period of time but bullets are not very powerful and accuracy is not great either. On the other hand, a Sniper Rifle shoots very few but very powerful bullets with great accuracy.

So which is the better gun – an AK47 or a Sniper Rifle?

https://www.eqax.com/blog/contrasting-approaches-to-stocks-ak47-vs-sniper-rifle/

2. Kartikeya

Kartikeya New Member

An Ak47 is like an on the loose , you tell me whom to shoot kind of a trader who mostly does' nt know his arse from his elbow. He just shoots , cannot count his kills , looks at the blood and feels happy. Who is bleeding here is a question. Ak47 is like a django who believes in the old age jungle saying phantom moves faster than human eye can see.
    A sniper rifle is like an investor who knows his kill, has worked n done his due diligence. ...is focused. ...can wait...will wait...patience provides the price kinds.One who whispers ...I will get you gringo...but in my own sweet time n place.
    .In real life Ak47 is a pretty accurate rifle with both modes..single shot as well as bursts.My preference though is the sniper rifle ...classy..calm..calculated kill.