Whats wrong with JK tyres? And Tyre stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Sanjay Kumar, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Sanjay Kumar

Sanjay Kumar New Member

I see some stagnation happening with tyre companies like Apollo tyres (I hold some shares and JK tyres(dont have).
    I see nothing is wrong fundamentally in JK tyres, still keeps going down...Now it is at 78 Rs at PE of 4.
    I wonder if this is a good time to enter JK tyres.

2. Biju

Biju Member

Is there mis management of inventories in tyre companies ? All the favourable situation in terms or raw material cost is not reflecting in profits!!! natural rubber, crude etc is so cheep and why they are making use this advantages ? Even the customers are complaining about higher prices of tyres

3. Rohit Gupta

Rohit Gupta New Member

I think its because of increase in the price of rubber (raw material)..

4. Dreamer1214

Dreamer1214 Member

Me too holding large number of JK tyres at higher prices, but this keeps on sinking

5. Biju

Biju Member

Rubber prices nosedived from 220/kg to 102 /kg in two years and now up to 130/kg lately. also synthetic rubber is cheep because of crude price fall. Why this raw material cost fall is not reflecting in profits of tyre companies? Who is playing around ? I doubt there is some sort of account manipulations!!!

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  6. Biju

Biju Member

though tyre companies enjoys all these favourable situations they are not in growth path ? The tyre prices are going up

7. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

Dont see much opportunities in truck tyre segment , jk tyre is a leader for truck and bus tyres . Rubber prices gone up pushing all the tyre company expenses upside . You can have a look at some tyre companies which make especially for car and having major sales from car division . This way you have a opportunity .

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  8. Biju

Biju Member

Where did you get this news rubber prices gone up ?
    go through rubber board web site .... perhaps it fell to 100 and now reached 129 since two months

9. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

10. Biju

Biju Member