Prospects of NHPC

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by choksi himanshu, Jul 19, 2015.

1. choksi himanshu

choksi himanshu New Member

Dear all,
    What are the prospects of NHPC as everybody is saying it is fundamentally strong but so far it is a pain for all investors whether short term or long term.

2. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

You could also add SJVN to that list. Both are hydropower generation companies but for the last few years they have not moved much. This doesn't mean they can't move in future I don't know how the sector works but both of them have a low single digit P/E valuation. The only saving factor is that both of them are consistent dividend payers although SJVN has a better yield than NHPC in this one. But if you look at the power sector as a whole, the sector as a whole haven't moved much anywhere in last few years, be it Tata Power or Reliance Power. Actually Tata and Reliance have shown a decline over period of 5 years if you see their charts. So I am unsure whether to blame NHPC or SJVN or the entire power sector as a whole is going through a difficult period.

3. choksi himanshu

choksi himanshu New Member

sir, i have invested more than rs. 10 lacs from IPO and further price decline in nhpc. right now my purchase price is rs. 30. should i stay invested or wait for some more time.

4. Dreamer1214

Dreamer1214 Member

If u are not in need of that money u can hold on, I myself invested in NHPC and waited for 2 years as it was not moving anywhere, I booked loss and used that money to buy some of the rising stocks and recovered the loss I incurred in NHPC

5. Biju

Biju Member

NHPC is fundamentally strong like a BONSAI TREE. Don't waste time and hard earned money with this company stock.

6. ashujeet

ashujeet New Member

not just NHPC, but almost all PSU stocks are BONSAI TREES. Hence avoid all PSUs, including Public Sector Banks, as the FDs in those banks will give more returns than their stocks.

7. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Never invest in any psu and mainly never invest and must avoid the psu banks... Worst

8. mahesh6699

mahesh6699 New Member

AVOID investing in PSUs, especially in the power sector. The ONLY exception I have made is COAL INDIA. which is looking good to me. Suggest sell and put money in other private small caps.

9. MoneyWorks4ME

MoneyWorks4ME Active Member

https://goo.gl/l19Iip.
    You have invested a substantial amount in NHPC. This company at this point is not going anywhere. https://goo.gl/l19Iip. You may consider switching your investments. Please note you have a holding cost too

Dreamer1214 likes this.
  10. Biju

Biju Member

Power grid is such a Bonsai

11. anindyaswati

anindyaswati Member

is there any exception in psu stocks?remember all generalisations are wrong.

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

If U love to see any stock at fix price range ,it is NHPC. I sold IPO stocks 15 days back.It is like permanently parked vehcle,going no where.If U want to be a passenger of that ,then fine.

13. anindyaswati

anindyaswati Member

2 yr back i booked 130% profit in pnb.i think u should purchase when every one is negative