1. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

wen stock prices are high price , lets say 52 week high people never say any negatives about the company although there would be but when the stock reaches 52 week low people then say this stock dropped coz of this reason. They will find reason when it is low , and b confident when it is high.

we are just seeing management whether they are capable to grow their profits from this year 2000 crores to 6000 crores. Investing is not just gamblin.its like we are giving money to the management to grow the company so their value n our investment increases. This uflex management has got some great clients such as nestle, hul and now trying to grab more orders internationally. If the management is capable of getting these ordersfrom big companies in india , m damn sure they can grow their revenue from here to next level in india as well as internationally. Thats the reason I felt its a good company.

Obviously I keep on tracking my investments. Its not just invest and close your eyes , I will see whether thy are growing revenues in next 3 years. If revenue is gonna be the same ten my thougyts was wrong. If they are growing revenue then they are good managers. Stock value would automatically follow if company makes profits .

These are just my analysis and I am not saying anything wrong for your feedbacks . Its always good to get feedbacks. It makes you to improve :)

2. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

@Investor2008 The point you made is the same one that I said before. The quality of managements is of utmost important. By quality I meant the pedigree, those who can grow business in adverse conditions and make long term shareholder value. Regarding the 52 week highs and lows I guess most of the companies are touching 52 week high just because there is excess liquidity in the markets. Companies have raised 4-5 times in last one year doesn't mean that their business has increased by same amount. It is just liquidity that causes the price to rise. Obviously you have to keep an eye on your investments. You talk about DLF but you also have to look at cases like Deccan Chronicle and even Satyam would have been doomed had it not for Tech Mahindra to take it over.

3. prashant9teen

prashant9teen New Member

4. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

True byt satyam was doing some manipulation in their financial statements. Same thing happened wuth a retail store wh8ch Warren buffet invested. HE GOT OUT once he knows the statement were wrong . No investors cn do anything with sathyam case except getting out with loss.

stockguru likes this.
  5. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

I guess that's true. I think this is the risk that every investor has to keep in mind. Nobody can predict these kind of things.