Review of my stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Jewel, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Jewel

Jewel New Member

Dear Members,
    I hold the following loss making shares as of now. Please review and advise what to hold and what to sell
    1. I hold 1000 shares of J P Associates @ 28.
    2. I hold 300 NMDC @ 157
    3. I hold 1250 Rattan Power @ 12.42
    4. I hold 60 Cairn India @ 314.
    5. I hold 400 Pipav defence @ 73
    6. I hold 300 RCF @ 65

2. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

JP Associates has huge debt and it will have to sell their core assets to just break even so exit if you can. NMDC is good for long term, as its 0 debt and good dividend yield. Currently screwed by China dumping, Govt. plan to sell part of it etc. I would say hold it if you have a 5-10 year horizon. Cairn India is good, but beaten down due to lower crude. The crude prices are not coming up any time soon, so unfortunately, dont expect your price to come up at least for 2 years (you can't do much when it gets merged in Vedanta though). Pipavav and RCF good for long term. Hold them with patience.

3. Jewel

Jewel New Member

Thanks Dinesh for your honest reply. I have sold JP associates.
    What about Rattan Power 1250 shares @ 12.
    Also,
    450 shares of Pricol @47. Hodl or sell.

4. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Pricol is good. Hold it for a few months. Auto Ancilliary space is about to rally big I think. You should get to 60-65 I think for Pricol. Rattan Power is a loss making entity with huge debt (consolidated) at 10k crore. I would advise that you exit and if you want to play proxy to power sector then look at T&D companies, as Power sector's biggest woes exist in T&D and not in generation. I would suggest KEC or maybe you can even look at Sunil Hi-Tech engineers. Its a really undervalued stock which will definitely give good return in next 1-2 years.

5. Kartikeya

Kartikeya New Member

Let me be very frank n very blunt. It's your money but since we all are a part of this scarce percentage who invest in the stock markets and so I am forced to tell you that get out of all your shares except Pipavav and probably rcf. No actually get out of rcf also as it never moves .rest all is either junk or lot of corporate governance issues. Cairn was good but with crude where it is and Vedanta trying financial stunts it's no more a buy. Invest safe.

6. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

The only good pick in your list is Cairn India because crude oil prices have gone down ,creating opportunity to buy a oil company . But due to the merger of Vedanta , the debt free company would come up with debt once the merger is done . That's why investors are away from Cairn India .