What Stocks To Buy In Great Stock Market Crash????

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Srouta Mukherjee, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Today Sensex crashed 1624 points (5.94%) and Nifty crashed 490 points (5.92%). My portfolio is totally WIPED OUT :( I have NEVER SEEN SUCH A HEAVY LOSS IN MY Portfolio :(

Now I want to know whether there are any stocks worth buying according to experts. I am buying Pharma stocks because you can see in post POWER OF PHARMA !! Period (2008-2015); 7 years of WEALTH CREATION !! that these stocks are biggest winners and will continue to do so.

Is anyone buying or keeping low profile now? (BUY WHEN BLOOD IS ON STREET) ???????
    Then when to buy if not now?

2. stockjeet

stockjeet New Member

Today I bought torrent pharma at day low price ... I will buy more on further declines

3. Srouta Mukherjee

Very sensible :) I bought little Ajanta, JB Chem, Indoco

4. stockjeet

stockjeet New Member

Why jb chemicals ... Please tell your rationale behind that stock selection

5. bholu

bholu Active Member

Buy cyclicals...banking stocks,especially PSU, high quality reality, infra stocks, on a valuation basis their values looks enticing ...pharma look highly priced stocks even after fall

6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Nothing has changed as far as stock and sector preference are concerned.Pharma,IT,Private sector Banks,FMCG from NIFTY are the best picks .Sun,Lupin,Infosys,HDFC bank,Indusind bank,Axis bank,kotak bank,HUL,Asian paints ,L&T ,Maruti remains best picks till Modi govt do some thing on ground.These are stocks ,which has been doing good for last 5 years during non performance of UPA 2 and will continue to do well till Modi govt does not do some thing good on ground..These are stocks ,which are best during auto pilot mode of Indian Economy during ineffective govts.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  7. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

@Srouta Mukherjee I would suggest that you add to your current portfolio (I hope your portfolio contains the stocks that you truly believe in :) ) and average your buying price. Why buy new stuff an probably increase the spread on your overall profit? Interesting thing you mentioned the power of pharma from 2008-15. This current crash has been compared to the 2008 crash. So maybe we are at the cusp of another 7 years of wealth creation :). Although my choice in this wealth creation will be Infra, textiles and agro supplies.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Report of Buy JB Chemical & Pharmaceuticals Ltd For Target Rs.320 - Reliance Securities Ltd

JB Chemical (JBCPL) bucked the stockmarket carnage on Friday and rose ~4% with high volumes. At a time when most large-cap pharma companies are trading at premium valuations, JBCPL is trading at 12x FY17E EPS. It has a huge cash pile and is virtually debt free. In order to tap the potential opportunities, JBCPL has undertaken an expansion program at its facilities. It has guided for a capex of Rs1.4bn for a new facility over the next 12-18 months. The capex will be met through internal accruals. With outstanding cash balance of Rs5bn, which forms ~44% of the capital deployed, we expect a significant improvement in its return ratios. With India and US as key focus geographies, we expect sales CAGR of 15% and APAT CAGR of 18% over FY15-17E with steady improvement in margins. Given the attractive valuations, we recommend BUY on the stock with a Target Price of Rs320.

VERY GOOD POINT. Fully Agreed. Better buy Existing Stocks Than try For New stock. I THINK PHARMA WILL DO WELL IN FUTURE ALSO :)

9. jeett

jeett Member

I added bit of Ajanta, Torrent, Marksans, Lincoln, Avanti, Waterbase and Caplin over the last few days.....

10. Rajnish

Rajnish New Member

The one most important thing I have learned is that no one can predict market ups and downs. It is human nature to buy when the stocks are moving up and sell when they are going low. This is the opposite of what you require to do. If you think there is a good chance of a crash and a few have predicted a bubble in the Chinese and Indian stock market, then hedge your bets. There might be a good buying opportunity if it crashes. Intraday Stock Market Blog