TCI and GATI (Logistics Stocks) Will Run In Coming Future?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Srouta Mukherjee, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

According to Vivek Pandey fund manager of twitter logistics stocks will run. He says "I feel Logistics stocks will shoot up anytime this week..." Fuel for rally in logistics stocks..#GST to be top priority for govt in coming months:.@arunjaitley

Fav stocks recommended are TCI (Rs. 249) and GATI (Rs. 143).

Anybody is tracking logistics stocks and believer in this theory?

2. whomiiitr@gmail.com

whomiiitr@gmail.com New Member

Regardless of this theory, logistics sector should be a sector for next many years, though valuations are stretched for most as they have run 5-10 times in last 2 years. I would bet on TCI as it is stable and consistent stock and available at very good valuation. I find Gati a very much operator driven stock and will take a beating in any market crash. As a disclaimer, TCI is an integral part of my Long term portfolio.

3. Srouta Mukherjee

Thank you sir I also bought TCI today. I think GST bill will make big difference for these stocks. Also economic growth will help these stocks.

4. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Even i have heard of GST being beneficial to logistic companies but havent looked into how GST would benefit them.

Can anybody here enlighten me...

5. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

@Sachin pathak currently whenever logistics trucks pass through one state to another then they need to pay tax in every state. With GST, there will not be any state related tax and the process will be simpler. Right now, logistics costs are high because they need to spend time on checkposts in every state and pay every state's tax. With the implementation of GST, there will be only one tax paid one time for every logistic delivery. So the efficiency and cost is going to improve.

6. Kaushal Gandhi

Kaushal Gandhi New Member

GATI 12% up

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  7. Srouta Mukherjee

MY LUCK! I bought TCI instead of GATI!!

8. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

There is an elaborate article in livemint which considers all the advantages flowing to the logistics industry - GST: a new road for transportation and logistics industry in India. Some points made in the article are:

Currently, each of India’s 29 states taxes goods that move across their borders at different rates. As a result, freight that moves across the country is taxed multiple times. Worse, there are long delays at inter-state checkpoints, as state authorities review and examine freight and apply the relevant taxes and other levies.

Truck delays average five-to-seven hours at inter-state checkpoints. This, combined with other delays, keep trucks from moving during 60% of the entire transit time. As much as 65% of India’s freight moves by road, a fact which leads logistics experts to see GST as critical for India. High variability and unpredictability in shipments add to logistics costs in the form of higher-than-optimal buffer stocks and lost sales, pushing logistics costs in India to two-to three times global benchmarks, according to the World Bank.

Simply halving the delays due to roadblocks, tolls and other stoppages could cut freight times by some 20-30% and logistics costs by an even higher 30-40%, according to World Bank estimates. This alone can go a long way in boosting the competitiveness of India’s key manufacturing sectors by 3-4% of net sales.

There is another article in the firm.moneycontrol.com which explains GST: Impact On The Logistics Industry which also sets out the benefits expected to accrue to the logistics sector and to the entire economy.

9. whomiiitr@gmail.com

@Srouta Mukherjee I also felt same today for a moment as I placed the buy order for Gati and TCI couple of days back and got TCI only. But I still feel, when the dust settles quality is always a winner..A trader would always buy Gati while a investor buys TCI.

10. Srouta Mukherjee

@whomiiitr@gmail.com Sir Have you seen news of demerger TCI Considering demerger of XPS Business Scheme of Arrangement: 1 share of TCI Express for every 2 Shares of TCI

Is it value unlocking case?

11. Srouta Mukherjee

TCI IS UP 20% UPPER CIRCUIT LIMIT !!!!! HO HO HO! MY FIRST UC! :) (I wish I had bought more stock :( )

Fun_Da_Mentalist likes this.
  12. whomiiitr@gmail.com

@Srouta Mukherjee congrats to both you and me for buying TCI ahead of news.. :) My experience in this market says that Fundamental investment always pays off well. It definitely has bright future. I will add more it it goes to 260 levels.

13. Srouta Mukherjee

100% AGREED! I have started SIP In Stock. I am feeling VERY BULLISH about TCI's prospects. :)

14. Srouta Mukherjee

Anyone else is bullish about TCI Value unlocking scheme? Any research reports on issue please share immediately :)

15. Srouta Mukherjee

TCI and Gati are looking strong even in down market.

16. Dreamer1214

Dreamer1214 Member

I am not able to find the name TCI, infact there are 3 stocks, TCI Industries, TCI Developers, TCI Finance , which TCI are we referring here?

17. Srouta Mukherjee

Transport Corp of India BSE: 532349 | NSE: TCI

18. Srouta Mukherjee

TCI AND GATI ARE SHOOTING UP :)

19. Srouta Mukherjee

TCI and Gati are both shooting up :) If GST is passed both stocks will go for UC :)

20. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

The operative word is 'IF'

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.