Bloom Dekor ltd.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Dr. Avinash, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Dr. Avinash

Dr. Avinash New Member

i am planning to invest in Bloom Dekor ltd. the company presently has two product lines Laminates and Ready-made doors. The company though small one but is expanding its marketing network pan India very aggressively. Other companies in this line of activities are doing reasonably well. The stock price around 30 discounts the earnings by 8.5 times. the company has given dividend of 6% for 2014-15 . if any member can throw some light about this company it will be very useful for me.

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Well, I had a quick look at Bloom Dekor Ltd. The company has a market cap of only Rs. 21 crore. The number of shares traded are only 2500 (today) at the price of Rs. 31. This means that the daily value of transaction is about Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 1 lakh. So, liquidity can be a big problem in such stocks if you are planning to invest a reasonably large sum.

Also, the company's financials don't appear to be inspiring. The sales and profits for the last three years have remained stagnant at about Rs. 68-69 crore and about Rs. 0.69 - 1 crore respectively. The debt:equity ratio is high at 1.77 while the ROCE and RONW stand at 11.24 and 4.09 respectively.

If you are interested in the laminate/ plywood space, you can also look at Stylam, Century and Greenply/ Greenlam. Uniply is also looking promising under the new management. I suggest you research the other companies well before committing your money to Bloom Dekor.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  3. anbulina

anbulina New Member

Hello,

What would be your view on Archidply..

4. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

If i am ask you - what attracts you to archidply

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Better to be with good stocks like Century and Greenply instead of experimenting with unknown where risk of loss of capital is high.

6. Dr. Avinash

Dr. Avinash New Member

I have investment in Greenply,green lam,rushildecor,stylam ind, archidply in all these stocks i made good profits in last two years . I do not hold centuryply. I was attracted to bloom dekor as they have introduced ready made doors apart from usual laminates . I hope with this product mix the profitability of the co should improve. It will be interesting to see how the mkt accepts this new product. in my opinion there is huge potential for this product.