Top Diwali Stock Picks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Nov 7, 2015.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Request members to pick one or maxm two stocks which they think will be best Diwali Pick upto next Diwali.Stock should be only of Top Qualty with Strong Fundamentals. Please also write briefly the reasons of expected good performance .We would like to declare winner on next Diwali.This is just for discussion and not at all any recommendation.Investers are requested to cross check the rational and merit on their own with out being influenced from this thread.Happy Diwali and best of luck .

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Only one stock Kharb Sir? I have many favourites :) I will have to think hard :)

Karthikeyan likes this.
  3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Srouta Mukherjee ,I have edited and increased it upto two so that all of us are benefited from your top picks.

Karthikeyan and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  4. hrishikesh1212

hrishikesh1212 New Member

1) TATA Motors DVR
    2) Shreyas shipping

kharb likes this.
  5. partha

partha New Member

Aries agro.....ncl industries

kharb likes this.
  6. Srouta Mukherjee

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Uncertain times,I will bet on safe ,sure and certain stocks.LIC housing and DHFL housing finiance compnies.Happy Diwali to Arjun,Meenakshi,Vidhi khana and all staff members.Happy Diwali and good wishes to all dear members.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Carl Icahn likes this.
  8. karthik

karthik New Member

ICICI BANK

kharb likes this.
  9. Srouta Mukherjee

Good strategy. I agree. I think TCI and Century Ply are safe, sure and certain stocks. These are my Diwali picks :)

kharb and Karthikeyan like this.
  10. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

Thank you Sir for mentioning these quality stocks.

11. Srouta Mukherjee

Also JB Chem you have to keep in mind. Good stock at low PE and lot of cash in books.

Karthikeyan likes this.
  12. hrishikesh1212

hrishikesh1212 New Member

TNPL could be one of the great pick. Consistent performer.

Ajayyan likes this.
  13. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

If I have to select only two stocks it would be Bajaj Finance and PI Industries. Both have excellent management and strong business profile.

kharb and Karthikeyan like this.
  14. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Aurubindo Pharma and Motherson Sumi

kharb likes this.
  15. narayan.pal

narayan.pal Active Member

Vidhi dystuff....unique business wid massive growth path....
    Mangalam drug...complete turn around in their business....
    Uniply...management changed..3 big bull shown massive confidence on him...turning around..

Srouta Mukherjee and kharb like this.
  16. Sonia

Sonia Member

@kharb @Srouta Mukherjee @RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

Kharb: Another nice thread posted, thumbs up!

My Diwali pick for 2015, is Kitex Garments , CMP: 714.35 (High level stats attached)

Kitex garments is the third largest global player in the infant wear with a significant market share of 70% in India. It has marquee clientele like Mothercare, Toys R us and Jockey who procure products from Kitex, which contributes significantly towards margin improvement and robust revenue growth for the company.
    • Sept 2015 quarter results are good, credit rating [ICRA]A+ (stable) for Bank Loan
    • Stock has corrected 33% from Rs 1070/- to Rs 714/-
    • Recommended by Motilaloswal for target price of Rs 960/-
    • Recommended by Karvy for target price of Rs 954/-
    I hope I get to buy this tomorrow at previous closing price, as I expect it to shoot-up.

My buying strategy: 4% of my total equity portfolio, 80% at CMP and 20% on corrections of 10%-15%.

Will meetup on Diwali 2016 to see whose stock made up maximum returns :rolleyes:

kitex.JPG

17. SyedK

SyedK New Member

1. TCI (CMP : 280) - a. XPS demerger b. GST bill will be a trigger
    2. Vidhi Dyestuffs (CMP : 67.50) - consistent growth

kharb likes this.
  18. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear members ,pl post your Diwali choices.We all small investers have some stocks in mind which as per us are going to perform in next one year and expected to give good return upto next Diwali. Come on and share your ideas.Participation results into better home work and better commutative knowledge. None of us is Warren Buffet or Rakesh Jhunjhunwala at present (with out offending some one who may be even of that class and calibre).So no harm in going wrong,when there is none including great gurus in stock market who has not gone wrong some time or the other.If you start sharing ,you will become better invester.As success will build confidence and in case of your stock not clicking will result into better analysis next time.I don't know but I have heard some of best investers saying that success is 1% smart investment and 99% luck ,although successful may not acknowldge this or even may not be knowing this..But success of that 1% is foundation of rest 99%.As some stocks like ,1% are destined to be great ,and forget investers,even their permoters may also not knowing and confident about the level of success they will achieve in future.If it would have been all analysis,I think tomorrow leaders would not have remain unidentified and would have come in public domain in this age of free flowing information.So please jump in ,no hesitation.Please do your 1% and share your idea ,leave 99% to destiny which will follow your 1%. I have recently gone wrong in DCB bank although still confident of its future and expect it to jump to three digits before next Diwali.We remain invested in diversified portfolio only to remain insulated to future jurks of any single stock,as we know some other stock of portfolio will unexpectedly jump to mitigate such risk.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  19. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

I would also like to add Maruti to my earlier names

20. pnair

pnair New Member

=================

Kitex Garments is a very good professionally managed company. I am also holding some shares of Kitex Garments. Valuation is still high but this share can be a multibagger within a short/medium period of time I know this company personally and visited their factory once ( I am staying nearby this company). Their infrastructures are most modern and technically advanced. Management has clear vision on their future growth (honest and straight forward). All the products of Kitex group like Anna Aluminum, chakson Pressure Cookers, Currey Powders, textiles, Scooby day school bags etc etc are high quality products and well accepted by the consumers in India mostly in Kerala (a consumer state). This is not a recommendation to buy this share. Please do your research before buying this share