What will be next 10x. or 100 x multibaggers stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Sep 14, 2015.

1. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

@Sonia which is this website

2. w4wealth

@YOGESH SHAH i think that you are talking about jindal poly films

3. Abhilash Padival

Abhilash Padival Member

Sachin absolutely agree with you!. Just want to share a story that I have personally experienced. A close acquaintance quit smoking in the late 90's who usually spent 30-40 bugs everyday on smoke. He was a great fan of under par stocks i.e. SAIL and MRPL - Used all his savings (from quitting smoke) to buy these stocks. His approach - Every SAIL / MRPL stock brought is like a buying a single smoke!. The guy deployed all his savings (Smoke related + Salary + wife's savings) into these stocks. He sold both of them at 100+ a few years back!

While it sounds like a great story, its pretty difficult to pull it off and requires great conviction. He knew every page, every figure in the MRPL and SAIL annual report.

So it takes great conviction to believe in something and completely back that up! Remember this is not a 100X bagger just a 25-30 bagger story!. I just cannot imagine how people hold onto or plan 100 bagger investments. Requires infinite courage and patience.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Inspiring story. Requires guts and courage of conviction.

5. Srouta Mukherjee

If soniaji holds 2.5% of stock she would not be coming here for discussion but we would go to her for advice :D

Abhilash Padival likes this.
  6. w4wealth

@Sonia Eastern treads is on same line of business -tyre retreading materials and also good management. consider it.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  7. Sonia

Sonia Member

@w4wealth @Srouta Mukherjee

I am not a experienced investor, however with my basic knowledge I would not like to invest in Eastern Treads Ltd as compared to Indag Rubber on the below stats:
    • Debt to equity: 1.46
    • ROCE 5yrs: 10.90%
    • Profit growth 5Years: -3.48%
    • Promoter holding: 0.00%
    • Stock P/E: 25.21
    www.screener.in is a free website for screening stock.

w4wealth likes this.
  8. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

In Eastern Treads, there is no foreign or institutional holding, shareholding of promoter & promoter group is 65%, Non-institutional holding is 34% (source: moneycontrol.com).

w4wealth likes this.
  9. w4wealth

@Sonia good point you noticed

10. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

DEEP CONVICTION , SELF DISCIPLINE, EXTREME PATIENCE should be the guiding lights.

w4wealth likes this.
  11. shakti khanduri

@ M/s Padival, Fun_Da_Mentalist, Kharb -10x is not very difficult .For achieving 100x results forgetfulness could be a virtuous necessity . Kindly react.

12. w4wealth

you are right @shakti khanduri . forgetfullness is a blessing in some cases and especially in investing.well said.

13. Srouta Mukherjee

100% Agreed. Somebody said best investors are dead people because they don't tinker with holdings :)

14. w4wealth

@Srouta Mukherjee @shakti khanduri that kind of forgetfullness / patience come only with experience and those who have it without experience are rare species.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  15. Abhilash Padival

Abhilash Padival Member

Ha ha... Good one guys!.. @Srouta Mukherjee @shakti khanduri @Fun_Da_Mentalist @w4wealth... Awesome!... Buy DCB Bank / IDFC Bank over the next 2-3 years (5-10 Lakhs) and then re-visit it in 2045 ;)... Very tough friends, but doable.

Can you believe if I said this!. A gentleman in my family (85 years old) - still has RIL stocks that was allotted to him during the IPO!. :). They say he is always recognized by the Ambani's in the AGM and sometimes gets gifts from them (Don't know how far is it true, but I know for a fact that the IPO story is true and still holds good!)..

Karthikeyan and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  16. w4wealth

ya inspiring story @Abhilash Padival i think reliance IPO was in 1970. In 2015 after 45 years it would have given him many 1000 times on investment.

17. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I think it is possible.Most of us keep diversified portfolio. If we keep on removing only underperformers and remain invested in those stocks which are giving more than market returns over trailing five years, we may end up having many 10x and few 100x.

Biju likes this.
  18. shakti khanduri

Strategy you suggested appears to be doable .There is a book on this topic.Average time period for 100x return is 20-25 years, based on records, achieved in Wall Street.

Abhilash Padival likes this.
  19. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

Indeed this is doable and we have been implementing it sub-consciously. I think it needs to be made a formal process where we conduct a 360 degree evaluation of every stock in the portfolio and justify to ourselves why it deserves to be there.

Fun_Da_Mentalist and w4wealth like this.
  20. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

May I add pragmatic analysis to the list of virtues
    needed?