Advise on My portfolio

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Krupal M Rajgor, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Krupal M Rajgor

Krupal M Rajgor New Member

Helli Sir,
    I want to know that how much stock can i hold in my core portfolio and add more and more??
    From below stock which stocks i select in my core portfolio??
    If anything add in my core then please suggest about that stocks.
    Which for short term from below stock.
    Please advise sir.

SKS Microfin - 75 @ 285 CMP : 446

Emmbi Ind - 100 @58.30 CMP : 88.35

NCL Industries - 60 @ 153.11 CMP : 161.60

Avantel - 75 @ 130.52 CMP : 152.80

Satin Credit - 110 @ 329.03 CMP : 355.80

Future Consumer - 425 @ 23.20 CMP : 22.50

Infosys - 10 @ 1061.07 CMP : 1049.05

OM Metals Infra - 200 @ 51.20 CMP : 58.20

Anuh Pharma - 40 @ 319.97 CMP : 303.70

SBI - 80 @ 269.17 CMP : 241.10

Good Luck Steel - 100 @ 96.38 CMP : 94.05

Dhanuka Agritec - 10 @ 483.92 CMP : 483.20

Shivam Auto - Bonus stock 200@ 0 CMP : 62

Kothari Petro - 400 @ 25.96 CMP : 23.70

PTC India Finance - 150 @ 50.67 CMP : 39.80

Regards,
    Krupal

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

From where you got stocks like 'Satin Credit"? Somebody gave tip or you researched on own? I think you have nice mix of large cap (SBI and Infosys) with midcaps and small caps. Only problem is that I have not heard of Emmbi, Avantel, Satin. If you have bought on tip you should study stocks and understand its fundamentals. Otherwise, write a brief note on merits of stock so that we can understand.

Only one Pharma stock is there. How much funds you have allocated to Pharma sectors.

Otherwise, it looks a good balanced portfolio.

3. Krupal M Rajgor

Satin credit, Avantel, Emmbi found by my own research and they all are fundamantal storng after studied i enter them.I have not much knoweldge about portfolio balance or not please advise in brief about restructered my portfolio and alloction of different sector.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

I suggest you have balanced portfolio of 70% mid-cap and 30% large-cap stocks.

No stock should exceed 5% of total portfolio (max limit)

No sector should increase 20% of total portfolio (i.e. Finance, Pharma, Infra etc sector should not exceed 20%)

Make sure you buy ONLY Blue-Chip Mid-Cap Stocks. Stocks must have long record of growth and profitability and debt-free. Well known names like JB Chem, TV Today, Gati, TCI, CAPF, Century Ply etc. NEVER BUY Stocks which are unknown because they can be dangerous operator controlled stocks.

Don't chase "multi-bagger" stocks recommended by DABBA sites because they are dangerous operator stocks. Buy safe and good stocks growing at 15% to 20% CAGR only.

You must study stocks like Satin credit, Avantel, Emmbi in your portfolio and check whether they are DABBA stocks or good stocks. If slight doubt is there, sell these stocks and buy good and safe stocks for long-term.

5. Krupal M Rajgor

Thanks sir for nice advise so in my portfolio what is missmatch??i think i add more minance company.

6. Srouta Mukherjee

I suggest you classify portfolio into various sectors and see how much capital is there in each sector. You will know whether you are overweight or underweight sector. Make sure max limit for each sector is 20%. Then carefully study each stock in portfolio on whether you are comfy with fundamentals, management, growth prospects, debt-free etc. If you feel worried about fundamentals of stocks like (Satin credit, Avantel, Emmbi) you have to change immediately. Otherwise it is OK! :)

7. Krupal M Rajgor

Thanks you so much sir for guide me.

8. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

@krupal ji ,

your portfolio size is good with 15 stocks , and you are investing only 2 large cap stocks , remaining all are mid and small cap stocks , so if you are a high risk apatite person no problem with portfolio , but you are a medium or low risk apatite person please shift to quality stocks in mid and small cap stocks and increase large cap stocks , my suggestion is always stick on to quality stocks .....