Any suggestions about good mutual funds

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Warrenbuff77, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

Folks, I am requesting your valuable suggestions about good mutual funds. I am now 27, planning to invest in some good mutual funds through SIP approach. I have a time horizon of 5 years. I came across one fund named Can Robeco Emerging Equities mainly in to mid cap. It promises good return. If anyone knows any other fund names pls suggest.

2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am presently investing in Franklin small cap,dsp microcap, Mirae Emerging blue chip and relince small cap.These are small mid cap mutual funds .But micro cap,small and mid cap stocks including mutual funds of such stocks should not be more than 30% of portfolio. Rest 70 %of portfolio should be of large mid cap or large and mega cap stocks of sector leaders who are fundamentaly strong companies or funds investing them ie diversified funds.Time horizon for small cap funds should be 10 years or more and for diversified funds it should be 5 years or more.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I think midcap funds are best because of huge growth. Mirae Emerging is very good fund with good stock picks. You can read review of fund:

Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund: Quality midcap offering

The scheme is focused on offering a quality stocks portfolio. The fund manager chooses stocks using bottom up stock picking method. The fund manager though conducts top down analysis to identify themes that would benefit from macro trends, there is no sectoral bias that influences the portfolio construction. The stocks picked are bought with a medium to long time frame in mind. The fund manager does not take cash call. Instead the fund manager prefers to allocate more to large cap stocks in times of volatility. This also enables the fund manager to maintain liquidity in the fund if there are redemptions.

Read more at:https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/mutual-funds/mirae-asset-emerging-bluechip-fund-quality-midcap-offering_4985461.html

you can also read interview of CIO Gopal Agarwal where strategy is explained. Looks safe strategy of buying only quality stocks.