Can luck make you Billionaire?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by D Mohan, Sep 28, 2017.

1. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

Can luck make you Billionaire? Watch the following video and you will be surprised.

2. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

One get's what he is destined to get - not one rupee more or one rupee less. If you think you have created the wealth you have, you are grossly mistaken. Destiny leads you to take certain actions or lack of it which results in the pre decided outcome. In this instance, the gent was destined to be rich and the means happened to be not acting and sitting tight probably even forgetting he held MRF.

But destiny had also ordained that he would not be enjoying his wealth most of his life......

Btw even I know of and have heard of people dying in poverty with their heirs discovering trunks full of shares of MNC's and Tata's. This isn't one-off in atleast one particular community

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    shakti khanduri likes this.
  3. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

In my view he is a Great Investor , it is not luck , he created only through his long vision and great skill in investing .... in 1990 s 20000 shares in single company investment is not a ordinary thing
    at least 5 to 10 lakhs investment at that time in a single company is showing his great identification and stock selection

4. wild_hipman

Wow he created wealth through his long term vision. This ability of his of peering into the future couldn't help him prevent the paralysis that he ended up with. Surely if in 1990 he could know what MRF will be in 2017 he would have known what Symphony would yield him or Wipro would.

Wonder why with such foresight he is just worth only a couple of 100 crores!!!!!!!!!

Such a great investor and the fella didn't even know that shares had to be dematerialised. He didn't even realise the importance of keeping a record / making a will detailing his wealth and assignees and that his grandson discovered the holding only 2017

And this greatness runs in the family.... The grandson doesnt even know how to get shares dematerialised nor is he capable of approaching a renowned custodian/broker like HDFC or ICICI to seek advice. What he can do though is manage to get the number of the channel, manage to then get himself of the show and then publicise to the entire country this apparent holding of 20k shares. He is indeed a popular figure with this video going viral

Do you even have an inkling of how many Parsis hold trunk load of Tata shares or Levers, Colgate, P&G, Reliance etc etc all via IPO's but little knowledge of investing and ZERO long term vision when they invested. Ask them if they know who Buffet is and the only buffet they would know is the food buffet.

Anyways you are entitled to your opinion.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  5. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

your criticism on elderly person is not proper .....
    we dont know he is having shares are not , but based on that TV show video
    i posted that ....

6. wild_hipman

Oh now it's you posted based on that TV show......

What a coincidence that my post just preceded yours.

Now basis your reply to me, it turns out you acclaimed this fellow to be a visionary investor without even knowing whether the person actually holds the shares.....do you know if this person exists atleast or he is some fictional character...... All this is too good.

Respect needs to be earned. It's not a commodity that you can buy or is a matter of right of people older than oneself. Secondly you don't even know my age!!!! I could be a 80year old great grandfather myself .

So please leave me to decide for myself what's proper and improper. If I need advice I will ask the person whose advice I need.

Thanks

7. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

I believe it is the Destiny which is the Guiding force.

8. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

RMSC Sir, I dare to defer with you. You are talking of the luck factor of the Grand Father. Off course, he was not lucky. Because he could not and cannot enjoy the wealth. Even his son was not lucky as he could not and cannot enjoy the wealth (he is no more). But the grandson is lucky. He can enjoy the wealth. He must not be having any knowledge about share market or its working. So when he got the Share certificate, he did not know what to do with it. So he contacted zee business channel for help. How do you claim that the characters are fictional. It could be a real life story. You may recall that a few years back, there was a story of the heirs of a Wipro investor. The heirs inherited millions.

Regarding the investing vision of the grand father, how can you say that he may have had a "long vision and great skill in investing" ? He may have invested on the advice of a friend. In 1990, did he know his investment would grow to millions in 2017?

The grand father and son were not lucky enough. The son was the most unlucky person. The grand son is luckiest person.

9. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

Waqt se pahile aur takdir se jada kisi ko kuch nahi milta. [Before time and more then destiny, we dont get anything] Waqt Badshah hai. [Time is king]

10. Sanjeev Nanda

Sanjeev Nanda New Member

Yes and there is no doubt about it.