Folks, What is your opinion abt OMC- HPCL,BPCL,IOC?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Warrenbuff77, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

I am holding shares of HPCL at 760 in a long term perspective, since it will benefit due to lower crude price. I hope it will take some years of time for crude to reach above 100$. But heard some people recommending not to buy PSU stocks from. their experience. I am only 4 years in to the stock trading. Can anyone share their thoughts on OMC's.

2. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

Is this a high risk play..I am holding HPCL for a target of 1000rs.

3. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

Dear Warrenbuff77, HPCL is very GOOD company with good dividend yield, as i said in my previous thread, stock market is very risky business even good company like HPCL may not give good return in 4-5 years, so be carefull when investing and keep a minimum horizon of 7-10 years.

Warrenbuff77 likes this.
  4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am always first to say no to PSU.But it is more due to regulatory, misgovernance ,lack of freedom to managements, social centric not profit centric purpose of PSU.But since you are not playing any of above and just betting on crude,so nothing against HPCL.But please take care that you don't keep on dancing even after music has stopped. So keep yourself to lower crude play and get out of directional change in crude.

Warrenbuff77 likes this.
  5. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

Thanks @ sunny & kharb for helping with good suggestions. I am now working in a company which is getting revenue from upstream/ downstream oil companies. Our bussiness is down due to low crude price as there are no new greenfield projects mainly middle east. Only reason to enter HPCL is low crude price.I am always tracking developments around crude price. As Karb told if there is any news dat crude going to climb, I will exit from these.I hav put 40% of my portfolio in HPCL.