Following Brexit, there is more problem : Rexit.

Discussion in 'Must-Read Interviews, Articles & News Items' started by New_Investor, Jun 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Tighten your belts: Rexit set to hit D-Street, rupee before Brexit

Rexit or Rajan exit it is then!

RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan put an end to months of speculation on Saturday, saying he won't accept a second term and would return to academic life.

Read more at:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Raghuram Rajan pours cold water on speculations, says won't accept second term

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...t-accept-second-term/articleshow/52809474.cms

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Stock market is going to crash it seems. Too many problems are there. Not happy about situation :(

3. New_Investor

Top 10 quotes of RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan

1. "It would be cruel of me to spoil the fun that the press is having on my extension.In all such cases, a decision is reached after discussions between the government and the incumbent."

2. "I am not a doom and gloom guy."

3. "I don’t know what you want to call me... Santa Claus... you want to call me hawk, I don’t know. I don’t go by this. My name is Raghuram Rajan and I do what I do."

4. "I think we have still to get to a place where we feel satisfied. We have this saying - ‘In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king’. We are a little bit that way."

5. "No one wants to go after the rich and well-connected wrong-doer, which means they get away with even more. If we are to have strong sustainable growth, this culture of impunity should stop."

6. "I don’t want to take that James Bond (image). But, a banker on the move — I will take that."

7. "We are neither hawks nor doves. We are actually owls."

8. "It is not because of the benevolence of the baker that we eat fresh bread every morning but because of his desire to make money."

9. "The governorship of the central bank is not meant to win one votes or Facebook “likes”. But I hope to do the right thing, no matter what the criticism, even while looking to learn from the criticism."

10. "Expectations are high. Clearly I am not a superman. There is a little bit of euphoria in India."

Excerpted from : https://www.business-standard.com/a...i-governor-raghuram-rajan-116061800553_1.html"

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  4. Srouta Mukherjee

Modi has made big mistake by removing Rajan and appointing junk like Chetan Chauhan, Pahlaj Nihalani, Gajendra Chauhan. Why he is choosing rubbish people over good people?

[​IMG]

5. Srouta Mukherjee

6. Srouta Mukherjee

Looks like market is going for crash. Feeling v. nervous :(

7. Srouta Mukherjee

Huge loss is there in portfolio :(

8. New_Investor

Relax. Markets will recover very soon. Even if Britishers have voted that they want to leave EU, UK will not / cannot leave EU tomorrow. There is a long procedure to be followed. It will take at least two to three years for the procedure to complete. So the markets will start recovery soon.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  9. Srouta Mukherjee

Huge recovery is there today itself most of my stocks are in green. It is big relief :)

10. New_Investor

Good. Now you are no longer nervous but happy.

11. Niveza India Pvt Ltd.

Niveza India Pvt Ltd. Member

#Niveza #Review on #Brexit #News ::

There was a sentimental impact on world markets after the outcome of Brexit, however, Britain will require up to 2 years to completely out of EU. Hence, the companies such as Tata Motors and other IT firms should be bought on every declines which have exposure to Europe and UK because they are not going to loose the business in near time as such. Progress of Monsoon and GST bill can further lift the market sentiments and it can take a strong cue from such events in coming time.
    Source :: https://goo.gl/UoyAOd

12. Epicram

Epicram Member

Due to rajans exit, there is frequently fluctuating situation has occurred.