Good Companies to invest with waste/water management theme

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by asharan83, Jan 5, 2016.

1. asharan83

asharan83 New Member

I have heard a few experts telling on TV that waste management and water treatment are going to do very well going forward. I know about VA Tech Wabag,Ion Exchange.
    I heard some analyst saying that even Siemens has entered this area(not able to verify it)
    Other than that there is a very small listed company Arora Plastics(showing decline in sales in past year)
    I would like to know what is the view of people on this forum on that and some good comapnies to invest at current price/slight correction.
    I am new to investing and doing fundamental analysis. Please advice.

2. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Chembond Chemicals has a Water Treatment Division

Look at Thermax for environment play

Larsen & Toubro, Kirloskar Brothers, IVRCL, Hindustan Dorr-Oliver and a few others who do water management/treatment projects. Also take a look at seawater desalination. I can't recollect the name of a Chennai based company.

Srouta Mukherjee and asharan83 like this.
  3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

IMHO for new investor better to stock to known cos with proven track record. Such experiment are for expert investors. Better buy stocks like JB Chem, CAPF, HDFC Bank, Camlin and good quality stocks with high ROE, low debt, good management, reasonable valuation and just sit tight :)

asharan83 likes this.
  4. asharan83

asharan83 New Member

Thanks Srouta for your advice. I do already have exposure to some bluechip names in my portfolio and now I am looking to invest in some small cap/mid cap ideas which are in niche segments and are available at cheap/reasonable valuations.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.